What's new

Loss of smell and taste, how long?

AcidVenud

Postman
A few times over the last year I've felt awful but only for a few days or less. Tested myself each time and it was negative so put it down to flu.

This time I didn't bother testing but my taste has gone so I'm guessing it was covid.

I was only really ill for 24 hours really and only mild symptoms have stayed like a blocked nose and mild cough.

However the loss of taste/smell happened 4 days after feeling rubbish. Is this normal?
Also how long had everyone else's taste and smell gone for?
On my 4th day now. I love my food! So it's very frustrating. Can't smell so no idea if my milk is any good without a sniff test lol.

One positive, I can vape all my liquids I've put to the back of the pile because I'm not keen on them [emoji28]

A few times over the last year I've felt awful but only for a few days or less. Tested myself each time and it was negative so put it down to flu.

This time I didn't bother testing but my taste has gone so I'm guessing it was covid.

I was only really ill for 24 hours really and only mild symptoms have stayed like a blocked nose and mild cough.

However the loss of taste/smell happened 4 days after feeling rubbish. Is this normal?
Also how long had everyone else's taste and smell gone for?
On my 4th day now. I love my food! So it's very frustrating. Can't smell so no idea if my milk is any good without a sniff test lol.

One positive, I can vape all my liquids I've put to the back of the pile because I'm not keen on them [emoji28]
Took the kid about 2 weeks to get hers back, but I believe it can take up to a month. o_O

I’ve had 3 weeks of no taste or smell now and it’s just starting to come back, I thought the dog had stopped farting but apparently she hasn’t.

It took around 2 weeks for my taste and smell to return when I had it. Likewise, I just vaped all the juice from the back of the cupboard that I didn't like but couldn't throw away.

About 10 months for me, not sure i am fully recovered taste bud wise, but there has been a massive improvement. Cant be assed to refer for long covid clinic, they can only really rule things out. The trouble started with the two AZ jabs, then delta then long covid.

About 10 months for me, not sure i am fully recovered taste bud wise, but there has been a massive improvement. Cant be assed to refer for long covid clinic, they can only really rule things out. The trouble started with the two AZ jabs, then delta then long covid.
Hi. Am I right thinking your issues started, not from Covid but after the 2 Astra Jabs?

Thanks everyone for the comments. Just wanted to gauge some real people results as Google gives you best and worst case rather than an average.

Today I could finally taste something briefly then it disappeared again. So I have some sweets to keep testing. It seems very on and off which is weird but hopefully a positive sign. I want some good food on new year since I missed out tasting my Xmas Dinner and treats!

Count yourself lucky, this is covid-lite, I got the original strain back in 2020 and haven't walked since...

Back
Top Bottom