What's new

Crystal Bar Giveaway & Age Verification

Netvaper

Achiever
Yet again vaping is in the news for all the wrong reasons this time for a giveaway by SKE on Instagram with which asks you to confirm you are over 18 but has no age verification. To be fair to SKE this is really no different to online sellers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66581913

Yes I saw that, most on line vendors just ask you to tick a box to say your over 18. Vape Club wanted a picture of my drivers licence to verify my age.

Yes I saw that, most online vendors just ask you to tick a box to say your over 18. Vape Club wanted a picture of my drivers licence to verify my age.
I had always assumed that most online vendors (like us) do use some kind of age verification software.. but maybe this is not the norm, I don't know...
To be fair to SKE this is really no different to online sellers.
To be fair, SKE are being different in respect to most online sellers, at least from this example -
.. asked whether he [Serge Davies, SKE's European communications director] could defend one particular video from SKE's TikTok feeds, which saw a Crystal Bar being opened to a soundtrack saying, "I wish that I could be like the cool kids,"
That is just simply downright irresponsible marketing.

I had always assumed that most online vendors (like us) do use some kind of age verification software.. but maybe this is not the norm, I don't know...

To be fair, SKE are being different in respect to most online sellers, at least from this example -

That is just simply downright irresponsible marketing.

I was only talking about age verification but as you say that bit is poor.

Not that long ago everyone seemed to be asking for age varification. I don't know what it's like now because I tend to stick to places I've already used so I don't get asked any more.

The age verification tick box or enter you're DOB is a tick box some/most vendors use......but come on folks, it's a laugh... 01/01/91 is my fav....or Jan 01 followed by a random year scroll...it's great fun, play along:)

Back
Top Bottom