What's new

Dazed and confused..

Pikey Mick

Postman
Since using eGo ctwist + kanger t3 or justfog maxi atty's I'm thinking of upping the game and going for a VV or mech mod device. However most of what I look at uses 3ohm + will they blow my 1.8 - 2.4 coils out of the water ?
I'm confused as I rebuild my own coils and it feels like I'm stepping into a minefield with a blindfold on.

Please help

Since using eGo ctwist + kanger t3 or justfog maxi atty's I'm thinking of upping the game and going for a VV or mech mod device. However most of what I look at uses 3ohm + will they blow my 1.8 - 2.4 coils out of the water ?
I'm confused as I rebuild my own coils and it feels like I'm stepping into a minefield with a blindfold on.

Please help

no sure what you mean , with a vv device you change the voltage to suit your coil .

also your twist is a vv device so you will know that by raising or lowering the voltage it affects your vape. so your good to go with say a vamo or another vv device that offers more accurate incriments and better battery life.
a vw device ( again like the vamo) will automatically adjust the power output of your device to match the vape you want.
i.e if you set it to 10 watts , it will give you the same vape regardless of the coil ohms as it adjusts the voltage automatically.

a mech mod is restricted to the output of your battery so 3.7-4.2 and is better suited to lower ohm coils.

granted this is just my understanding of the devices someone else will be able to give a better description.

could you link us to the devices your looking at , because i cant think for the life of me why a device would only accept 3ohm coils.
*note*

a vv device will reject coils however that are below 1 ohm . this is due to the protection in the chip that prevents sub ohm coils.

I'm looking at Vamo, Lava tube Zig etc

you could get the vamo. biult like a tank , hits like a train . and cheap as anything .

and if your looking at vamos ect youve definately misread something about only firing 3ohm coils.

i use my vamo with 1.2 ohm coils and it works fine.

yeah i agree with whit , the zmax is a nicer looking device, by a mile but its also like 2-3x the price.

in short there is a bucket load of options out there. just keep watching youtube reviews ect so you can make a more informed decision :)

Last edited:
Sigelei zmax;) the vamo is massive and a ugly fecker

ive grown quite fond of mine. got a textured snakesin wrap coming for it. i won the device so it cost nothing , and now i won a makeover for it the other night too :D

I have to recommend the Vamo as a great first step into the world of VV. I've just done my first re-wicking and loved the fact that I could check on the ohms using the vamo. I've since gone on to get a zmax and use both all day long, nothing like having a spare! Now I'm thinking of getting another device as a back-up for the back-up, as advised in the Rules of vaping thread.

I have to recommend the Vamo as a great first step into the world of VV. I've just done my first re-wicking and loved the fact that I could check on the ohms using the vamo. I've since gone on to get a zmax and use both all day long, nothing like having a spare! Now I'm thinking of getting another device as a back-up for the back-up, as advised in the Rules of vaping thread.

Dont know why it just has to be done

Don't forget. Once you have a backup of the backup. You then have to get a backup of the backup of the backup. It's the law.

Back
Top Bottom