What's new

Dicodes

OK... are you saying that there is a need to contact the CS for this price range equipment? Hmm...
Some times even the best items can develop faults, fact of life, or you may want replacement Parts, their customer Service is exceptional, that's the point I was making.

emm... I can disappoint you a bit... I have been working or several German companies, starting from engineering giants, ending on the family run ones.
This what was said decades ago has been changed.
How to illustrate it? Well... have you seen "The Bridge on the River Kwai" movie? Well, it set the ethos of "British Engineer".
Now, an "engineer" comes to my house to replace a tap gasket. Yes, ENGINEER. Not the deputy of the helper of the apprentice for the technician position. THE ENGINNER.
In Germany it is similar now.
If you've bought Benz before 2002 - you have got a car which lasts. Buy one now, especially the one from the "dildo edition" range with the fake exhausts.
Well thats certainly not the case of my 34 years of Engineering. That's for sure!

Well thats certainly not the case of my 34 years of Engineering. That's for sure!
Ah well... I've had a "pleasure" of making the due diligence of these solutions several times... Pretty disappointing TBF... North Sea wind farms? Oh yes. Fav solution there: zinc galvanised seawater cooling pipes. Great development, I'd even say: biodegradable. Konvoi IV design upgrades? Hellish lot of fun (apart from the RPV and SG, this was old good). And so on, so on... yet it would be offtop here.

Ah well... I've had a "pleasure" of making the due diligence of these solutions several times... Pretty disappointing TBF... North Sea wind farms? Oh yes. Fav solution there: zinc galvanised seawater cooling pipes. Great development, I'd even say: biodegradable. Konvoi IV design upgrades? Hellish lot of fun (apart from the RPV and SG, this was old good). And so on, so on... yet it would be offtop here.
Because lots of companies are penny pinching and have been for a long time. When I say engineering I mean and in machining and machines in general. You are the first person I have ever heard of saying that germans are not good at engineering LOL

Because lots of companies are penny pinching and have been for a long time. When I say engineering I mean and in machining and machines in general. You are the first person I have ever heard of saying that germans are not good at engineering LOL
OK, if you wish, we can elaborate... ENS, Nowa Sarzyna, CCGT built for Enron Power Construction Company by DEBA (AKA Deutsche Babcock Anlagen). The gas turbine of 110MWe made by Babcock-Hitachi developed 4 to 7mm deep blades pitting after 18 days of operation.
Oh yes, machine was great, machining too.... for a bit more than 2 weeks of the guaranteed 25 years life time.

OK, if you wish, we can elaborate... ENS, Nowa Sarzyna, CCGT built for Enron Power Construction Company by DEBA (AKA Deutsche Babcock Anlagen). The gas turbine of 110MWe made by Babcock-Hitachi developed 4 to 7mm deep blades pitting after 18 days of operation.
Oh yes, machine was great, machining too.... for a bit more than 2 weeks of the guaranteed 25 years life time.
If the steel or any coatings were shite it`s what would be expected, I`m sure that when we used to send test welds away for testing, Babcocks was one of the standards.

If the steel or any coatings were shite it`s what would be expected, I`m sure that when we used to send test welds away for testing, Babcocks was one of the standards.
Yes, you know, they perhaps select what quality standards they are applying.
This was sh..ty perhaps because of the destination to the European market. In the higher developed and paying for quality countries like India, China etc. - they would not send such a crap.
If I recall correctly (it was some 24 years ago), Babcock gladly swallowed cost of sending and installing the new kit on top of the 40k USD daily penalty for 4.5 months.

This is exactly how the reputation diminishes... and the market decides to go elsewhere

Back
Top Bottom