What's new

Did you go out today?

Just been out chemist & haircut.
Barbers said I didnt have to wear mask if i didnt want too. But I did wear one and she put one on. Young lad came in no mask and didnt. Were doomed I tell you.

I went out for a walk and stopped in at the chemist and Spar on the way back. Interestingly those not wearing masks around here seem to mostly be in the over 65 category from what I could see :hmm:

Last edited:
yup.

IMG_20200805_132533.jpg

9.30am dip in the sea, air temp was hot, like a hairdryer with the sea breeze. People already stuffing themselves on the Eat Out thing,

Finally got an appontment at the dentist - hurrah!

It was weird though - it's a polite little town with the road now pedestrianised, lots of signs about social distancing, not many people around, and the huge majority of those wearing masks in the street and making sure they kept away from each other. I came out just after 3.30 when the schools came out .............. it was like the hordes of hell invading - huge groups, all tightly packed together and barging past people, not a mask in sight. I felt very old. :17:

Finally got an appontment at the dentist - hurrah!

It was weird though - it's a polite little town with the road now pedestrianised, lots of signs about social distancing, not many people around, and the huge majority of those wearing masks in the street and making sure they kept away from each other. I came out just after 3.30 when the schools came out .............. it was like the hordes of hell invading - huge groups, all tightly packed together and barging past people, not a mask in sight. I felt very old. :17:
I find i go from one extreme to another.
One minute I'm minding my every move in places that almost expect a full NBC suit to be worn and the next minute I'm in places where no one seems to give a toss.
Very strange at times.

Sad sight in town today, an elderly gentleman had collapsed, it didn't look good, he didn't appear to be breathing, people were trying to check for pulse and breathing, then he started fitting, very badly, then he was still again. The cavalry turned up, mob handed, 3 vehicles, I don't know the outcome. I do know this and this is the point of my post, it was the youngsters - the millennials, that age group that *some* people like to bash and moan about, they were the ones trying to help, they were the ones getting on with it. It was a female in her early 20s holding his hand, it was a young lady liaising on the phone with the emergency services, it was a young Asian guy trying to check his breathing and do some sort of heart massage. It was both heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom