What's new

Did you go out today?

Lockdown restrictions have eased a little bit this week. Museums and art galleries have been allowed to reopen so today we went to the Muzeum Emigracji

http://www.polska1.pl/

And then on to a soup restaurant for some warming goodness. Was a pretty good afternoon out [emoji1303]

Went to Tesco for the last time earlier. I'm not generally an angry person but I always end up leaving Tesco with steam coming from my ears. The ignorance still on display is truly astounding. Had to tell several people to move away from me and I had to ask a couple of people whether they even knew what 2 meters looks like. Most people obviously still couldn't give a shit about social distancing. Wifey's been entitled to priority shopping slots for months but I've steadfastly refused to use them feeling that as I'm able bodied I should shop in person and leave the delivery slots for those who have no other options. Not any more. If I carry on going it's only a matter of time before I end up knocking someone out, folding them up and popping them in the freezer between the pizzas and the ice cream. Could probably fit a couple in there. From now on we'll be using the delivery service. If Tesco can no longer be bothered to push social distancing (even the staff were consistently getting way too close) then they can feck off and deliver.

How I feel every time I visit Tesco...

200.gif

Last edited:
Went to Tesco for the last time earlier. I'm not generally an angry person but I always end up leaving Tesco with steam coming from my ears. The ignorance still on display is truly astounding. Had to tell several people to move away from me and I had to ask a couple of people whether they even knew what 2 meters looks like. Most people obviously still couldn't give a shit about social distancing. Wifey's been entitled to priority shopping slots for months but I've steadfastly refused to use them feeling that as I'm able bodied I should shop in person and leave the delivery slots for those who have no other options. Not any more. If I carry on going it's only a matter of time before I end up knocking someone out, folding them up and popping them in the freezer section between the pizzas and the ice cream. Could probably fit a couple in there. From now on we'll be using the delivery service. If Tesco can no longer be bothered to push social distancing (even the staff were consistently getting way too close) then they can feck off and deliver.

View attachment 240151

i think it’s partly to do with the tone the shop itself sets for people. the small waitrose round the corner from us operates a 2m distanced queue, has somebody on the door, sanitise all the baskets and trolleys after you use them before putting them back out, staff with masks on etc. the big tesco that’s close by is like a mad bun fight. every man for himself at the trolley station and a bottle of hand sanitiser on a table, it’s no good at all. there was a story in the local paper about a worker dying after a covid outbreak the other week. i don’t know, you would think it shouldn’t be too hard to coordinate a civilised pandemic supermarket.

Only to get the car fixed.
But that gave me a nice opportunity to drive through several villages near me to test drive it. :)
Lovely day with the warmer weather.

Went to Tesco for the last time earlier. I'm not generally an angry person but I always end up leaving Tesco with steam coming from my ears. The ignorance still on display is truly astounding. Had to tell several people to move away from me and I had to ask a couple of people whether they even knew what 2 meters looks like. Most people obviously still couldn't give a shit about social distancing. Wifey's been entitled to priority shopping slots for months but I've steadfastly refused to use them feeling that as I'm able bodied I should shop in person and leave the delivery slots for those who have no other options. Not any more. If I carry on going it's only a matter of time before I end up knocking someone out, folding them up and popping them in the freezer between the pizzas and the ice cream. Could probably fit a couple in there. From now on we'll be using the delivery service. If Tesco can no longer be bothered to push social distancing (even the staff were consistently getting way too close) then they can feck off and deliver.

200-gif.240151

Reminds me of a visit to Home Bargains the other day...
Angry Mrs knome...
Me cowering in the background...
:)

Local Asda has a limit of 500 people in store, on Sunday they had to lock the doors because they had exceeded that amount and people were still trying to batter their way in.

Local Asda has a limit of 500 people in store, on Sunday they had to lock the doors because they had exceeded that amount and people were still trying to batter their way in.
Make Asda Great Again. :)

Back
Top Bottom