What's new

Did you go out today?

It's the people in supermarkets that seem like they're trying to spend the day in there that do me, they just stand there for 10 minutes looking at the bread so you have to stand & wait out of the way, then you end up blocking items that other people are wanting, so they want you to move, then you have people stacking selves blocking the aisles with their trolley things, so where the fuck do you go? Just grab a loaf & get out the fucking way

Like yesterday, went to Aldi, the flowers are right at the front of the shop, there's some dolly bird with two kids fucking about just standing there looking at the flowers, blocking entry to the shop, she moves then Doris in front wants to sanitize the trolly handles after she's spent the last 5 minutes holding on to them. Without a queue it still takes me 10 minutes to get into the store

I have my list, I know what I want, I want to get in & out of there as soon as but it's just turned to some sort of nightmare covid assault course

I feel your pain, i experience the exact same.
Dont go to the reduced section as all rules are out the window.

Is it really worth it?
No, probably not. But maybe giving them a real shock will change their behaviour. At the end of the day if people want to put themselves at risk they can have at it. Nobody has the right to willfully put others at risk. They're not just putting one person at risk they're putting an entire household at risk. It's infuriating. :mad:

Closest I've come so far is when I was looking at an item on the shelf. Turned around to find some idiot standing literally 2 feet behind me. He could've leaned in and kissed my ear he was so close. Bit my tongue grabbed an item and moved down the Isle to look at something else. Turned around and he was literally two feet behind me again but it was instant like he'd followed behind me. Was very strange and I very nearly reacted badly. Guessing he picked up on it coz he scurried off pretty quick. I just don't know what's wrong with these people.

With regard to your exempt from wearing a mask post - it's crazy. Most people are only wearing "face coverings" anyway. Even a flimsy surgical mask is better than nothing. I'd love to know how one of those blue surgical masks can impede anyone's breathing. And I couldn't agree more. Let's see how they breathe with viral pneumonia ravaging their lungs.

Last edited:
No, not really. It's just so infuriating. :(

Closest I've come so far is when I was looking at an item on the shelf. Turned around to find some idiot standing literally 2 feet behind me. He could've leaned in and kissed my ear he was so close. Bit my tongue grabbed an item and moved down the Isle to look at something else. Turned around and he was literally two feet behind me again but it was instant like he'd followed behind me. Was very strange and I very nearly reacted badly. Guessing he picked up on it coz he scurried off pretty quick. I just don't know what's wrong with these people.

With regard to your exempt from wearing a mask post - it's crazy. Most people are only wearing "face coverings anyway". Even a flimsy surgical mask is better than nothing. I'd love to know how one of those blue surgical masks can impede anyone's breathing. And I couldn't agree more. Let's see how they breath with viral pneumonia ravaging their lungs.

If folks get too close just give out an emphasized cough, they soon get the message.

If folks get too close just give out an emphasized cough, they soon get the message.
Not a bad idea. I'm also considering wearing a Dave suit in future. Might get one with "I'm highly contagious" emblazoned on it. :rotflmao:

Level-A-Suit__14540.1541624869.jpg

Last edited:
It's infuriating. :mad:

Indeed, the only thing I come up with, which will really only work at checkouts and queuing to enter the store, is to put my trolley (I usually have the small one, but I guess it will work with a basket) behind me, in the queue, as I can keep my distance from the person in front easily enough and also help keep the people back, who are behind me. I cant understand why people do the constant creeping forward, I can only think that they think they will lose their place in the queue, it's all a bit perverted really, I'm surprised there hasn't been more trolley rage type incidents.

Morrisons @ 7am, hardly any milk, no broccoli, about 4 cauliflowers (on the shelf), sod all bread. Brexit: an act of great self flagellation.

Morrisons @ 7am, hardly any milk, no broccoli, about 4 cauliflowers (on the shelf), sod all bread. Brexit: an act of great self flagellation.
Not sure about that.
I used to inspect a food factory that made ready meals.
On the run up to Chinese New year it would increase its production as sales demands increased.
It used to happen each year at the same time without fail yet they never planned for receiving increased raw ingredients stock so it used to sit in the yard on pallets cos they had no room inside the warehouse.
The point im making is that we've known this is coming for 4 years and for companies that have failed to plan like supermarkets to find alternative supplies is just plain stupid.

Not sure about that.

Of course, I'm not totally sure either, we will see :)

The point im making is that we've known this is coming for 4 years and for companies that have failed to plan like supermarkets to find alternative supplies is just plain stupid.

I know it's non food, and I also know Aldi aren't plain stupid;

Unfortunately some Specialbuys may not be available as advertised. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and hope that these products will be available in store and online very shortly.

Please see below for affected products and sign up to our email newsletter for the latest availability updates.

aldi.JPG

https://www.aldi.co.uk/specialbuysdelays

the cauliflowers is a strange one, i thought you can get british cauliflowers pretty much all year round? i didn’t think cauliflowers are something that’s imported. i got one the other day and waitrose had a shelf full of them.

aubergines, on the other hand, appear to be scarce.

the cauliflowers is a strange one, i thought you can get british cauliflowers pretty much all year round? i didn’t think cauliflowers are something that’s imported. i got one the other day and waitrose had a shelf full of them.

aubergines, on the other hand, appear to be scarce.

Primarily a winter veg, so yes, should really be plenty around :hmm: Always a bastard to grow, on the allotment, as was broccoli, with the exception of purple sprouting broccoli, which went bonkers, yet goes for premium prices.

Back
Top Bottom