What's new

DIY coil wire recommendations

No bud - I meant a pair of coils, but I didn't explain it particularly clearly.

Generally to get the same wattage vape for series you have to quadruple the resistance of the coils in a 4.2V mech so if your ideal resistance you aim for is 0.12 you should be looking in the 0.45 to 0.50 ballpark, but if you're using a larger atomiser maybe going a little under 4X your ideal 4.2V resistance is the way to go because of the increased airflow.

I tried a pair of 8 wrap dual 28 core Ni80 claptons with 3.5mm i.d. in a 28mm Sherman RDA that came out at 0.44 Ohms. That worked well for me (it was a bit on the toasty side lol, but not silly hot) however, it may be a bit too bulky for the Asgard Mini, but should be good for the Steamcrave V2 (if it's a 30mm atty)

Not used the asgard mini or steam crave in series, mainly I suppose as I nailed it at 4.2 v
Valhalla is what I use at 8.4

I got the coilology as it was really simple, I could look through a list, figure the width of wire so that the wraps could get to a suitable length of coil, and the ohms per ft was there in front of me, and I knew the range I was looking at for this.

With wotofo there isn't the info there, so I need to get on the build calculator and do some math and research.
Time today hopefully

Back
Top Bottom