What's new

Dual Coil MTL RTA…?

Years ago there was, not so much now, if any.... it was fiddly work cramming dual coils in a 22mm deck.

I would imagine dual coils would empty a 2ml tank sharpish too.

Years ago there was, not so much now, if any.... it was fiddly work cramming dual coils in a 22mm deck.

not too much bother if the coils are vertical. i only did it once mind, for the novelty value. not so much fiddly attaching the coils, more a pain in the arse having to put two coils on when one does the job.

maybe twice actually, i think i did set the origen up with two at one point. but still, unnecessary complications. :)

not too much bother if the coils are vertical. i only did it once mind, for the novelty value. not so much fiddly attaching the coils, more a pain in the arse having to put two coils on when one does the job.

maybe twice actually, i think i did set the origen up with two at one point. but still, unnecessary complications. :)

It's nae worth the hassle man:)

Well, currently I’m using a single coil (0.3-0.4) although I may get hold of some thicker kanthal and see if I can get a lower resistance and see how that works out. I do enjoy a large amount of vapour mouth to lung.

It would be easier just to use an MTL staple or Alien coil and use it at a higher wattage with a more open airflow. It will give a looser MTL (some may consider it Restricted DL) but it will definitely provide more vapour - personally I think you're pissing in the wind if you try to run dual coils at a more traditional 12 to 14 Watts with a really tight airflow. Crank up the power and open the airflow - you don't want a traditional MTL vape, so don't try to get something different from the norm by using the same power and airflow settings as the 'true MTL' vapers - it won't work.

I use these Coilology Juggernauts in my K5, they work just as well as smaller dual coils https://vaping101.co.uk/products/coilology-prebuilt-performance-coils-juggernaut

I wouldn't put them in an MTL tank if I were you. Those coils will be good for DL as they need a lot of power and a lot of airflow, if you put them in a small MTL tank (they probably won't fit anyway) they will just cook the juice or take forever to ramp up.

By cranking the power up and opening the airflow - I meant compared to a regular MTL vape i.e. use 20 to 25 watts instead of 12 to 14, and use a 1.5 to 2.0mm air inlet rather than a more traditional 0.8 to 1.2mm.

Don't put a huge coil in an MTL tank - MTL Staples and MTL Aliens are larger than the vast majority of MTL coils, but they aren't humongous DL coils like juggernauts.

Last edited:
IMG_20230713_194117.jpg

This was a siren 2. Don't know what it would have vaped like as the post said 'fuck that im not doing two' and decided now would be a good time to break. Probably wouldn't have been very good as the airflow is directed between the coils not directly at them.

2 x 2mm 28g kanthal

Back
Top Bottom