What's new

Dvarw MTL CL Upgrade: Are We Underwhelmed?

ZenAnarchi

Achiever
The KHW Dvarw is incredibly popular, as it was first produced as a reasonably priced “high-end” rta, and then the Chinese produced thousands of clones. I love my Dvarws, as I know many others do as well :)

The new Mtl Cl has been released, and it’s definitely a case of marginal benefits over revolutionary changes. It resembles the original and has a ss chamber. Not much innovation? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it? Would you pick one up, even if you have the original? Or just stick to clones? :18:

Didn't like it, it did vape well but had a tendency to wet itself and I got sick of cleaning up after it. Far more reliable RTA's out there.

You have tried the CL then @John R or are you talking about the original 22mm Dvarw? :hmm:

Not got one, clone or OG, but the main difference seems to be more coil height and throat hit, I wonder if CL stands for coil lift. Changing the air pin with a build in may be ok with a fresh wick but it's gonna be pretty messy otherwise.

i don't see any great change that would make me rush out and buy one, but there will be the inevitable clone releases in a month or two. I have multiples of the MTL FL tanks but only one Dvarw DL tank and, as I've used it as a bedroom vape for the last 18 months, really should pull my finger out and buy a few spares as I have used the DL more than any other tank I've owned and it has spent zero time on my self since I received it.

The 'throat hit' aspects of swapping SS for Peek is meaningless to me as I vape nic salts in MTL. If anything has me sold on getting some it's the steel sleeve instead of glass - I'll wait for the clone MTL version and pick one up just to have a steel sleeve tank for a walkabout vape.

One major plus for cheap bastards like me is this probably means there will be clone Dvarws available for a few more years.

i always use an og v1 clone dvarw. it works perfectly and never leaks a drop unless i forget to put the lid back on the camber before screwing it together. so i’ve never had any motivation to try and of the “lifts”. even the interim “upgrade” of the chamber with bigger holes was no use to me.

so i’ll not be trying one, authentic
or clone. unless i drop my og out the window and it’s all i can find to replace it. i have no use for a coil lift :)

Let me reiterate..I love my Dvarws and very, very rarely have problems with them, even the clones. Easy to wick, great flavor, and value for money, what more could you want :2thumbsup: I’ve even turned an old 24mm DL into a pretty decent mtl vape by using mesh to restrict the airflow :18:

The ability to raise the coil is enticing, but not strictly necessary, but I love the peek insert that holds the wicks in place, and serves as a slight chamber reducer :22: If you’ve got a good design, marginal improvements may be all that’s needed. I’ll probably be picking up the new deck sometime soon :)

is lifting a coil something people do a lot? i can’t think of a time i have lifted one.

does the FL version with the plastic chamber prevent coil lifting? if so, maybe this is a hypothetical issue i’ve never encountered, having only a v1 which would permit easy lifting of the coil should i ever have felt the need to do so, having a chamber of metal. :)

I agree with @ZenAnarchi that if you’ve designed a classic which no doubt KHW did with the OG Dvarw, then why attempt to reinvent the wheel when minor tweaks will keep the fans interested and spending, it’s a good thing that some manufacturers spend money on development to hopefully improve on classics, they would quickly sink if they just churned out exactly the same stuff for a decade.
Svoemesto have done the same for years not always for the best, but usually improvements evolve from one version to the next hanging on the the pro’s and ditching the cons.
I don’t think @zouzounaki is KHW’s target audience [emoji4]

Strong throat hit isn't something I look for but don't all versions have that 'don't forget me' metal cover that forms the chamber? Maybe KHW could have tried an air pin that can be changed through the 510.

Back
Top Bottom