What's new

E-cigarettes banned at Blackburn College

While I agree with you in essence, unfortunately this "war" is not going to be won with a hammer.

For people to understand and accept vaping for what it is, they need educating .. and thats gonna mean patience and educated explanation on our part.

We must remember that we choose to vape, and as such it is upto us to make it become socially acceptable via reasonable means and education. its not, as much as we would like it to be otherwise, up to other people to just suck it up and put up. For a start a lot of people dont even know what we are doing. Most people I have explained too are fine ONCE they realise I am not smoking or taking drugs. we have to admit .. some of the devices we use DO look a bit iffy to the uninitiated.

Will admit one of mine does look like a crack pipe lol

It's more to do with perceptions of others, risk of causing disturbance, confusion
Any chance of banning the chewing of gum in public? Could start with a ban on nicotine gum because it's the nicotine the antis hate so much and then ban all gum because of possible confusion.

While I agree with you in essence, unfortunately this "war" is not going to be won with a hammer.

For people to understand and accept vaping for what it is, they need educating .. and thats gonna mean patience and educated explanation on our part.

We must remember that we choose to vape, and as such it is upto us to make it become socially acceptable via reasonable means and education. its not, as much as we would like it to be otherwise, up to other people to just suck it up and put up. For a start a lot of people dont even know what we are doing. Most people I have explained too are fine ONCE they realise I am not smoking or taking drugs. we have to admit .. some of the devices we use DO look a bit iffy to the uninitiated.

I wish everyone was as tolerant and willing to listen to reason as you are ZT but unfortunately, there's a 'hard core' of anti smoking zealots who see vaping as a form of cheating ... kind of like a 'we don't want you smoking and because you've circumvented our regulations we're coming after you' attitude.

With these kind of folk, no amount of reasoning will work because their mindsets are totally rigid.

Vaping might be more socially acceptable if the anti smoking lobby hadn't gone for broke in denormalising smoking and demonising smokers. <shrug></shrug>

Education and awareness are the key to getting these things more generally accepted.

In the modern world of mass media, t'internet, gaming etc - people seem to be Governed by what they see, and appear unable to distinguish thinks by thought or by using the other 4 senses.

An interesting experiment would be to take 1000 people of the non-smoking general public, stick them in a huge venue and blindfold them. 1000 volunteer vapers could then enter the room and vape away to their hearts content - how many would complain that someone is smoking in there?

Take the same members of the non-smoking general public, stick them in the same huge venue. Again blindfold them but unleash ONE smoker!!

Then compare the results and then publish in all the world's media - myth exposed!! ;)

What is up with the students at this place? I thought students were meant to be always protesting about various stuff.

Also I wonder about the morality of taking non-smokers (Vapers) & people trying to give up smoking (newly started vapers) & forcing them to go with the smokers. I thought second hand smoke was supposed to be dangerous, isnt why they banned smoking in various places in the first place? So why are they forcing people who dont smoke to sit with the smokers.

You dont send a recovering acloholic to the pub to help him give up drinking! You dont send recovering heroin junkies to the underpass to with all the peeps shooting up to help them give up!

So have they also banned nicorette inhalators (produces no vapour), have they also banned nicorette quickmist mouth spray (produces no vapour)?
If the issue is vapour, then I'm guessing you can use your e-cig as long as you hold the vapour in long enough to not produce the "look alike smoke"

oops should be Dildo's :strawberry:

Attachments

• notice.jpg
    notice.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom