What's new

E-cigarettes being sold in prison shops in smoking ban pilot

given enough time to think if one wants a weapon just about anything will suffice. in lock-up all you have is time.

Prisoners make lethal weapons from plastic already, so giving them access to cigalikes isn't likely to increase /decrease the quantity of injuries caused.

I could see it working at open jails and those containing non-violent offenders, but not at jails with a high level of violent offenders.

The prevalence of nicotine use within the prison system is strongly linked to the prevalence of nicotine use by people with mental health issues imo. There have been several scientific papers suggesting it is a form of self-medication and that removing access to nicotine can make patients suffer setbacks. So I can't see them having any success in reducing the prevalence of nicotine use and even a cigalike has metal parts you can gouge somebodies eye out with.

Very true. I shall remember that when wanting to bash my neighbour to death with my old MVP :sinister::sinister:

I think I would have to go with something like the Big Nasty, 26650 would make an excellent cosh

Stick 'em in solitary and give em fuck all, bread and water twice a day and a hole in the ground to shit in, as for attacks on staff, do like in russia where they hold them in that stress position and march them to wherever they need to go.

If people don't like prison then they shouldn't commit crime.

Prison should be a deterrent not a fucking hotel.

Stick 'em in solitary and give em fuck all, bread and water twice a day and a hole in the ground to shit in, as for attacks on staff, do like in russia where they hold them in that stress position and march them to wherever they need to go.

If people don't like prison then they shouldn't commit crime.

Prison should be a deterrent not a fucking hotel.

And what about everyone held who later is found to be innocent?

Billy Hayes: "I just wish for once that you could be in my shoes, Mr. Prosecutor, and then you would know something that you don't know: mercy! That the concept of a society is based on the quality of that mercy; its sense of fair play; its sense of justice! But I guess that's like asking a bear to shit in the toilet."

MidnightExpress-Film-Stills-14.jpg

And what about everyone held who later is found to be innocent?

Billy Hayes: "I just wish for once that you could be in my shoes, Mr. Prosecutor, and then you would know something that you don't know: mercy! That the concept of a society is based on the quality of that mercy; its sense of fair play; its sense of justice! But I guess that's like asking a bear to shit in the toilet."

When i was a kid and me or my brother used to do something wrong my dad used to give us both a thrashing, that way he knew he'd got the culprit.

Can't be namby pamby in today's society, a few innocents may be caught but for the greater good if it deters real criminals.

Back
Top Bottom