What's new

E-liquid Flavourings, are they at risk?

what does it even mean? .... fragile, melts easily?
Generally I think it means “massive twat”
I have no idea, it seems to me to be a vaguely offensive term used to describe anybody that objects to anything. But I’d rather be a snowflake than a puritan, at least.

edit: actually I think it might be colour related. Maybe it started to describe white people that have a problem with racism? And has since grown to describe anyone with a non-puritan view about any particular topic.
from Wikipedia “Snowflake as a slang term involves the derogatoryusage of the word snowflake to refer to a person. Its meaning may include a person perceived by others to have an inflated sense of uniqueness or an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or to be over-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions. Common usages include the terms special snowflake, Generation Snowflake, and snowflake as a politicized insult.”

Personally I think the term “SJW”’suits the Puritan view more - “im offennded by.... EVERYTHING”

I think modern parlance snowflake has come to be synonymous with the above.

TBH everyone knows what you mean when you say it - it’s meaning has evolved.

I have a tendency to use it on people who’s political bent is such that they simply cannot listen to an opposing opinion and justify it by putting people with an opposing opinion into some horrible label or sub category.

Examples :

You voted for brexit! You racist!

Isn’t it horrible how the Palestinians are being treated and bombed? - YOU ANTI-Semite!

Etc etc - extreme examples obviously - but to make the point.

Last edited:
Interesting, it’s not used round my way at all, which probably is why I don’t understand it. Only place I’ve seen it used is on here.

Puritan, though, in the sense I used it is very different to who you would refer to as the “sjw”. They have no interest in social justice whatsoever, unless it’s related to preventing anybody from having pleasure or forcing them to read the bible on a sunday. That’s who this anti vaping brigade reminds me of. The temperance society! :D

Generally I think it means “massive twat”

from Wikipedia “Snowflake as a slang term involves the derogatoryusage of the word snowflake to refer to a person. Its meaning may include a person perceived by others to have an inflated sense of uniqueness or an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or to be over-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions. Common usages include the terms special snowflake, Generation Snowflake, and snowflake as a politicized insult.”

Personally I think the term “SJW”’suits the Puritan view more - “im offennded by.... EVERYTHING”

I think modern parlance snowflake has come to be synonymous with the above.

TBH everyone knows what you mean when you say it - it’s meaning has evolved.

Obviously I understand the type of person but never really understood why 'snowflake' became a word to refer to them. I wonder who started it....

Obviously I understand the type of person but never really understood why 'snowflake' became a word to refer to them. I wonder who started it....

Something g to
do excuse the cuntpasting :

Unique or special snowflakeEdit
In 1996, Chuck Palahniuk's novel Fight Club was published containing the quote: "you are not special, you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake". The 1999 film adaptation of the novel also contains this line. Following Fight Club, the terminology "special snowflake" and "special snowflake syndrome" was applied to individuals who behaved as if they were very special. Such terminology refers to a person who believes their status as a unique individual means that they are destined for great success or deserve a special career with abundant praise and admiration.[5] According to Merriam-Webster, in the 2000s, snowflake referred "mostly to millennials who were allegedly too convinced of their own status as special and unique people to be able (or bothered) to handle the normal trials and travails of regular adult life".[4]

Interesting, it’s not used round my way at all, which probably is why I don’t understand it. Only place I’ve seen it used is on here.

Puritan, though, in the sense I used it is very different to who you would refer to as the “sjw”. They have no interest in social justice whatsoever, unless it’s related to preventing anybody from having pleasure or forcing them to read the bible on a sunday. That’s who this anti vaping brigade reminds me of. The temperance society! :D

We still just call them cunts in Scotland..

Edit: now I think about it..."that cunt of a snowflake " sounds better:D

Maybe you were right in the first place, then. I assumed it must be an american term. Probably because I’ve only seen it used here.

Something g to

do excuse the cuntpasting :

Unique or special snowflakeEdit
In 1996, Chuck Palahniuk's novel Fight Club was published containing the quote: "you are not special, you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake". The 1999 film adaptation of the novel also contains this line. Following Fight Club, the terminology "special snowflake" and "special snowflake syndrome" was applied to individuals who behaved as if they were very special. Such terminology refers to a person who believes their status as a unique individual means that they are destined for great success or deserve a special career with abundant praise and admiration.[5] According to Merriam-Webster, in the 2000s, snowflake referred "mostly to millennials who were allegedly too convinced of their own status as special and unique people to be able (or bothered) to handle the normal trials and travails of regular adult life".[4]

ah, I do learn much from this forum. :D

Maybe you were right in the first place, then. I assumed it must be an american term. Probably because I’ve only seen it used here.
I have to say I like the term - I’m aware there is a movement to abolish its use by .... well ... snowflakes

But - I think as insults go it’s reasonably innocuous - it could be a lot worse

what ZT just said...

In 1996, Chuck Palahniuk's novel Fight Club was published containing the quote: "you are not special, you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake".

Chuck's an american, so I guess it did start there.

I like it too now I know what it means, I think I might actually start quoting that at my kids. :D

Back
Top Bottom