What's new

extortionate postage takes the piss

maggazulu

Postman
Some time ago I posted on here about my Vamo V3 being broken, and someone mentioned that I should replace the O ring. I looked around on site and found Stealth Vape. However they had none in stock.

I gave them my email address so the could contact me when they are back in stock of which they did.

I decided to do something about it Today and went to buy a packet of O rings for 99p (which I think is a reasonable price)
I went through the whole process of giving my details at the checkout and having to going through PayPal

Only to find that the postage... the cheapest Stealth Vape offered was £3.20

£3.20 for a 99p item which weighs less than a couple of grams takes the Fucking piss.

Post office would charge around 90p for an item that size.

I have seen a trend with online companies across the board offering things slightly cheaper but making up in the postage, not exactly the done thing.

Post office would charge around 90p for an item that size.

I have seen a trend with online companies across the board offering things slightly cheaper but making up in the postage, not exactly the done thing.

Its the type of underhanded ploy I would expect from Joe Blogs on eBay. Its disgraceful.

I have no problem at all with postage costs. Sorry, I don't. What I do take exception to is that The Royal Mail are now no longer reliable. Time was, a First Class Letter or small packet would be delivered the day after it was posted. Yes, I know I am old, but I once had a first class letter arrive at its destination on the same day I had posted it! OK that was years ago now, but the point is, we entrust items to the Royal Mail and we now pay handsomely for a service that is far from good.

As to the price that a Vendor charges for his/her delivery of goods, it is YOUR choice whether you feel that the price is fair. The way I look at it is simply this, what would it cost me in fuel and time to go out and source the same item, if indeed I could, within a reasonable distance of home. Suddenly, a charge of let's say £3.20, doesn't look so bad.

I have no problem at all with postage costs. Sorry, I don't. What I do take exception to is that The Royal Mail are now no longer reliable. Time was, a First Class Letter or small packet would be delivered the day after it was posted. Yes, I know I am old, but I once had a first class letter arrive at its destination on the same day I had posted it! OK that was years ago now, but the point is, we entrust items to the Royal Mail and we now pay handsomely for a service that is far from good.

As to the price that a Vendor charges for his/her delivery of goods, it is YOUR choice whether you feel that the price is fair. The way I look at it is simply this, what would it cost me in fuel and time to go out and source the same item, if indeed I could, within a reasonable distance of home. Suddenly, a charge of let's say £3.20, doesn't look so bad.

Plus that £3.20 is recorded delivery if I recall. Many vendors now ONLY offer a recorded delivery option due to the vast amount of mail either lost or stolen by Royal Fail. How many refunds for non deliveries do you thing a small one man band (which many of the online vendors are) can take before it makes them go bust. You also have assholes who do actually receive the goods, and lie about it and say it was never delivered and they want a refund. Yes.. it does happen... a lot.

A shiny website these days doesn't mean a massive corporate empire with thousands of minions on minimum wage just waiting to pick, pack and deliver your order. SV is a superb vendor as well.

Plus that £3.20 is recorded delivery if I recall. Many vendors now ONLY offer a recorded delivery option due to the vast amount of mail either lost or stolen by Royal Fail. How many refunds for non deliveries do you thing a small one man band (which many of the online vendors are) can take before it makes them go bust. You also have assholes who do actually receive the goods, and lie about it and say it was never delivered and they want a refund. Yes.. it does happen... a lot.

A shiny website these days doesn't mean a massive corporate empire with thousands of minions on minimum wage just waiting to pick, pack and deliver your order. SV is a superb vendor as well.

+1 !!!!

Have to agree with Rob on this one. Royal Fail make the prices up. Vendors are restricted to those prices. IMO vendors shouldn't have to take a hit on postage costs, although I know a lot do. stealthvape are a very well respected and go to place for a hell of a lot of peeps from the vaping community. This is the first time I have heard anyone complaining about the postage from them, or complaining about them at all.

Surely the best course of action for the 'customer' in these circumstances would have been to source the o'rings somewhere else.

It would be interesting to know if the OB used the discount code and if the overly expensive o'rings sorted the Vamo, thus saving him the cost of a NEW Vamo?

Rant over!:rant:

Some time ago I posted on here about my Vamo V3 being broken, and someone mentioned that I should replace the O ring. I looked around on site and found Stealth Vape. However they had none in stock.

I gave them my email address so the could contact me when they are back in stock of which they did.

I decided to do something about it Today and went to buy a packet of O rings for 99p (which I think is a reasonable price)
I went through the whole process of giving my details at the checkout and having to going through PayPal

Only to find that the postage... the cheapest Stealth Vape offered was £3.20

£3.20 for a 99p item which weighs less than a couple of grams takes the Fucking piss.

Presumably it will be sent in a small jiffy bag (rather than as a normal letter) - there are plenty of internet-based sellers of eliquid charging around £2.50- £3.20 for postage on small, large letter sized parcels containing 10ml bottles that would cost much the same (in terms of postage costs, packaging materials and man time) to post. Is there any real difference here?

Like you I'd balk at £3.20, but it would still be much the same with, say £1.95 postage on such a low value item!

PS - as someone else has already alluded you can hunt around on the internet for a 'discount code' in order to save yourself less than 10p on the value of the item.

Back
Top Bottom