What's new

Fairwell

One thing I've found over the years is how easy comments can be misconstrued and taken the wrong way if a wrong word or capital letter is used in the wrong place. It's very easy to pick up the wrong "tone" from an innocent comment. [emoji106]

I just don't get this sorta thing. Maybe it's because I'm an opinionated, stubborn twat, but I just don't get it.
Life's full of people I don't like, and full of people who don't like me, it's how it is. I've had jobs where I've worked with folk I didn't like, but I liked the job. I didn't leave because of them, and I HAD to deal with them every day.
I've been on numerous forums where some useres REALLY GRIPPED MY FUCKIN SHIT, but, I didn't leave the forum, as they where good forums, full of useful info and a lot of users that where helpful.
You can't please all of the people all of the time.
Like I say, maybe it's down to me bein a stubborn fuckin twat, but even if someone CLEARLY DIDN'T like me, I wouldn't give them the fuckin pleasure of knowing they'd forced me to stop using something I liked/enjoyed ! Plus, by ALLOWING YOURSELF to be 'forced out', your doing nothing more than validating the 'give them shit and they'll leave' behaviour pattern.
Without goin through everything with a fine toothed comb, (and TBH, I have neither the time nor inclination to do so) I suspect this is more a case of perception, over ACTUAL dislike. Words typed on a forum, like words in a text, are WIDE OPEN to be perceived in a TOTALLY different way, than how they where intended. That's just how it works in the digital world.
If someone pisses you off, get it outta yer system, have a full on fuckin rant ! If you go too far, the mods will have a quiet word in yer shell-like. OR, send the 'offending' bod a PM, and (politely) ask what the issue is. OR, just ignore them and move on.
TRUST ME, lifes too short.
I woke up on a Friday morning, just like I had for the preceding 39 years, at 6pm I was told my entire life would change. I WASN'T told, I would lose my independance ! I WASN'T told, my mental health would be destroyed !

LIFE'S TOO FUCKIN SHORT FOR BOLLOX LIKE THIS !

FFS , kiss an make up, or ignore it an crack on with those who don't grip yer shit. :D

It would be a real shame to lose another one of the 'good guys'. I have never been abused online and hope I never will but, POTV is the only social media I use so the chances are small. This I know, the good people far outweigh the bad and more and more good people are joining every day. Hang in there @mickdundeered you would be missed.

Having had a bit of time to reflect and calm down and listened to some kind words from fellow apes i have decided to just take a little break from the main forum. If anyone needs me il be in the lounge doing the atty world cup as i think it would be a total dick move if i just left it. Thanks again for the kind words guys and to anyone i offended please accept my apologies. Cheers mick

Having had a bit of time to reflect and calm down and listened to some kind words from fellow apes i have decided to just take a little break from the main forum. If anyone needs me il be in the lounge doing the atty world cup as i think it would be a total dick move if i just left it. Thanks again for the kind words guys and to anyone i offended please accept my apologies. Cheers mick

Nice one Mick Glad you're sticking around mate:2thumbsup:

That news has just made my day Mick.:2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

One thing I've found over the years is how easy comments can be misconstrued and taken the wrong way if a wrong word or capital letter is used in the wrong place. It's very easy to pick up the wrong "tone" from an innocent comment. [emoji106]

.... and WHAT exactly do YOU mean by that!? :angrymob:

;) :D

yay! :friends:

Back
Top Bottom