What's new

Fantasy Fudge/Nanny Bakes Kitchen Concentrate Testing

She seems to have restocked some flavours again since Tuesday - gaah! :banghead: Some are the ones I wanted like the Lemon Sherbet, but I went and bought similar elsewhere ... oh well ... Next months money will go there if she has them then! :) I've got the basic reviews and the 24hrs taste tests written up for the flavours I've got so far, but I won't post it until they've all steeped for a week.

Instead of the FF flavours I've just ordered both a new sour apple flavour and sour plum flavour from Cupcake World (amongst others, also strawberry cheesecake - hope that lives up to its promise!). I'm not sure if the sour apple is the cider / 'wood apple' flavour offered by other brands yet (I think Inawera might make the latter? not sure as my memory's crap). Their Butterscotch seems quite nice after a 24hr bottom heat steep, but needs a sweetener; got some DDL on the way which might work well...

Made a straight FF Orange at 25%.. melted my 10ml bottle.. mixed about 1/2ml with the 1ml of lemon & lime in my CE5 and its bloody revolting nasty burning acidic sting in the back of the throat.. might dilute it down by 50% or it might be my first ever DIY to go down the sink..

FF Cherry at 25% is nice and so is FF Lemon & FF Lime (50/50) at 25% overall..

25% is really high for FF, especially the orange (which I rated as strong at <10%) . Most of these flavours are fine at 10-15%

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

25% is really high for FF, especially the orange (which I rated as strong at <10%) . Most of these flavours are fine at 10-15%

Thats because you have taste buds lol.. Only been off the stinkies a month, I have a noticeable improvement in my sense of smell, but still struggling with flavours, I am getting a reasonable selection of FF now (Cherry, Champagne, Orange, Lemon Sherbet, Lime, Vanilla, Coffee, Cream) all of them I can taste at 25% overall (not used the Champagne yet)

I have tweaked the cream ratio because as you pointed out its seriously strong and I find 2% in coffee/vanilla blends is spot on.

I have not tipped the remaining 4.5ml of orange down the sink yet, I will dilute it down this evening by 50% and see how that fairs, if its still revolting, you are welcome to the 29ml's-ish that is left in the bottle lol.. I really must have a go at doing smaller quantities by drips, rather than the 5ml tasters I am currently doing..

Still its much less of a dent in the wallet than tipping a premium/gourmet juice down the sink, which I am tempted to do with 9ml Vapemunki - Vanity Flair DF just so I have another empty bottle to mix in and 9ml of cheaper Coolvape - Pineapple come to think of it lol..

Has anybody else's FF Vanilla gone like this..?? Loads of bits in it like pith/bits in posh Orange Juice..

**I have spoken to Karen and she is unsure why this has happened, but she is sending me a replacement, with my latest order, so thats gotta be a thumbs up for customer service**

Last edited:
I've had delivery of 8 more flavours from FF/NB ( @KulrMeStoopid, I was going to edit the original post, but the edit button's gone!).

I enquired with Karen about her direct costs inc postage, and found that direct ordering is a little more expensive than through Ebay, so I plumped for the latter. She sends out first class on direct orders, which presumably explains the higher cost, but I've found she upgrades the postage on larger orders through Ebay anyway (though it's stated as 2nd class). This order came in as "signed for" first class.

It also needs noting that her bottles no longer come with a dripper insert, so I decanted some of each into spare 10ml dripper bottles (alternatively, you could use a pipette)

Apple - Tried at 10% initially. I can taste the apple, but it is subtle. Increased to 20%. Still a soft flavour, and in a blend will need to have the lion's share of the total flavour allocation to be discernible. It is a light, pleasant flavour on its own, and probably more realistic than any other I've tried.

Black Cherry – Tested at 10%. I can taste Black Cherry, but a little weak. Again, this will need a high ratio alongside other flavours to ensure an even balance. Increased to 20% - adequate strength, though not overwhelming. Of the 2 cherry flavours, I think the regular cherry has a more distinct cherry flavour.

Fruit Salad – Tested at 10% - a good, distinct flavour at this level. Not dissimilar to fruit salad sweets. Pleasant flavour – I’ll use this in blends.
Tirimisu – 10% is a perfect level for this. The coffee isn’t overpowering in this, and I might play around with it with extra coffee flavour, but this is very nice as it is. Not unlike the Irish coffee, but with a lower level of coffee and a creamy flavour – perhaps something like a blend of irish coffee and irish cream.

Gingerbread – This smells and tastes just like Jamaican Ginger Cake – strong at 10%. Distinct sweet ginger flavour. I like this a lot
Cherry Menthol – 10% is a good level for me. Cherry isn’t overpowering, but it really does have a Cherry Tunes flavour. If I had a cold, I might increase it to 15%.

Menthol – 10% again is a good strength for this, perhaps 15% if you had a cold. Does what it says on the tin.

Aniseed – as opening this once permeated the office with aniseed for 5 hours, I decided to test this at 6% initially – I’m glad I did! This is strong at 6%, and any blend with this will need a tiny proportion of aniseed to create an even balance. It’s very pleasant and is a good, unadulterated, realistic aniseed flavour. I’m looking forward to playing around with this in blends.

Last edited:
Their Lemon Sherbet is lovely!
I made up some of their Rhubarb and Vanilla which tastes just like the Rhubarb & Custard sweets. Awesome stuff :D

I've ordered some more flavours to try and replicate my ADV Mrs Lords Navy Cut.

I thought this thread needed a bump.. So here is my FF only Banana Split recipe.. (plus 2 drops of TPA Koolada)

Only made it today, the min 1 week steep note, is to stop me 'testing' it & I know the cream needs to mellow else it overpowers every thing. Smells good..

Banana Split.jpg

Aside from the chocolate (that I don't like) sounds a very interesting blend. Might play with something similar. Perhaps with white choc to replace the cream & choc

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Back
Top Bottom