What's new

fasttech dilemma

kymru

Postman
so here i am, been pondering for a couple of days if i should preorder the capo 216 from fasttech, bit the bullet on and pressed order, until i got this, every shipping method is greyed out, now i could order the one without batteries and pay £37.07 and buy batteries from the UK at a price of £7.99 for one or £10.49 for one ijoy...im stuck

Regular Air Mail - unavailable for this order

Registered Air Mail - cannot ship battery cells
EMS Speedpost Global Express - cannot ship battery cells
Registered Airmail via Singapore Post - cannot ship battery cells
DHL Express - cannot ship battery cells
United Kingdom Express ePacket - cannot ship battery cells
Registered Airmail via China Post - cannot ship battery cells
Registered Airmail via Emirates Post - cannot ship to this address
Registered Airmail via Sweden Post - cannot ship battery cells
Registered Airmail via Malaysia Post - cannot ship to this address
USPS First-Class via Hong Kong Post - cannot ship to this address
USPS Expedited for Battery Products - cannot ship to this address
Ground Shipping via Hong Kong Post - cannot ship battery cells
Registered Airmail via Hong Kong Post - cannot ship battery cells
Philippines Post - temporarily unavailable
Registered Airmail via Russian Post - cannot ship to this address
TNT-PostNL Registered Airmail for Battery Products - cannot ship to this address
Registered Airmail via PostNL - cannot ship battery cells
Australia Expedited Air - cannot ship to this address
USPS Expedited for Battery Products - cannot ship to this address
UPS/FedEx (Large Parcels) - cannot ship to this address
European Express - cannot ship battery cells
China Post Surface Mail - cannot ship to this address
DHL Global Mail - cannot ship battery cells
Speedpost via Singapore Post - cannot ship battery cells
Air Parcel via Hong Kong Post - cannot ship battery cells
Some shipping methods are greyed out because of:
  • Battery Cells: Authentic IJOY ... (SKU 9631483)

I have 3 mods that take 20700s pulse,capo 100 squonk and fuchai and have only noticed slightly longer battery life over vtc5as so when the 20700s die I wont be buying any more and stick to 18650s
Just because you can doesnt mean you have to

Buy batteries over here (ffrom fogstar or 18650) and your mod from china.

Saves a load of agro.

Agree about the 18650/20700 use and putting a single 20700 through its paces to see how it does compare to using a 18650 in my vandy vape.

Don’t forget it’s been around for sometime that it’s a Royal Mail thing plus some airlines won’t allow these battery types in packages due to fire risk. You might find it easier to get the batteries in the uk at the higher cost because they have paid (In theory to get them in the UK safely hence they cost a bit more)

Order without batteries use UK Express ePacket for shipping. Order batteries from Fogstar.

I got an oceanus and use the ijoy 20700s with that and to be honest at the same wattage i get the same sort of life from my 18650s from my other single battery mods. Yeah it may last a little bit longer but the benifit is negligible compared with the hassles and costs associated with getting the 20700s from china.

I agree i dont see the benefit of 20700's.
Ive got two ijoys in my captain and rotate between two sony vtc6's and the sony's appear to last longer on 80w.

The issue here is obviously the cost of the batteries - £8 for two, rather than £8 each in the UK, but, as others have pointed out, you don't have to use 20700s.

For £8 you could buy 2 Samsung 30Qs which have the same capacity as the 20700s, which are currently no more than a gimmick. They may have benefits in single battery mechs, but in a dual regulated device there is no advantage over 18650s.

Back
Top Bottom