What's new

My first complaint about Fasttech, and I might be wrong...

20170824_194605.png

It's all I could manage from the cafe abroad.

You're new to this thread, aren't you?

Suggested it was lost, check.
PayPal escalation, check.
Appealed to their sense of Customer service, check.

Been there, done that. Getting the t-shirt soon.

"Fasttech, it's like Amazon never existed"

I had been following it but lost track. Have you claimed a refund from paypal, or just opened a dispute? I don't see how they could refuse a refund, it seems pretty clear cut.

I had been following it but lost track. Have you claimed a refund from paypal, or just opened a dispute? I don't see how they could refuse a refund, it seems pretty clear cut.
Claimed a refund, but none from PayPal has picked it up. Something to shake them about tomorrow.

It is always (in my opinion) worth paying the extra dollar or two for UK express shipping. 90% of my orders arrive within a week from when the order is shipped.

Claimed a refund, but none from PayPal has picked it up. Something to shake them about tomorrow.

Aye I would definitely chase them up. You might try phoning them, I've had a couple of issues with paypal which were sorted out pretty much straight away after phoning and speaking to them. Good luck, I hope you get your refund soon.

I prodded PayPal into action by escalating my case within PayPal's resolution process. They have now notified FT who inform me that processing of my order has been paused because a dispute was received.

Paused? Been paused for a while mate.

Paypal should refund now. When you open a case, they're basically waiting for you and the seller to resolve it amicably. When you escalate it to a claim, they intervene. I'm sure they'll give you the refund given the situation. Good luck, hopefully doesn't take too long!

PayPal's timeframe is about a month which is about the same as the time Singapore Post/FT have allocated to reach a conclusion. So neither is a great advancement in hard deadline terms.

In all honesty I just hope it obliges FT to review their procedures and helps customers get future issues sorted out more quickly than I have had to wait.

My product arrived today! Same ordering date as the original, same Royal Mail tracking number too. So somehow it slipped through Royal Mail's system and eventually got delivered. Still showing up as at their distribution centre on Royal Mail's website but I have informed FastTech that I have it so that they can close the case with PayPal who seem to have hidden my case for compensation.

Found the case on PayPal, it had been closed and my compensation awarded to me! I could have kept my mouth shut and got a new mod for free but I am not in it to make fortuitous gains. So I will credit it back to FastTech when they ask for it or when PayPal pull it back.

"Disputed Amount:
  • $29.95 USD
Status
Your claim has been resolved and you'll receive a $29.95 USD refund."

Back
Top Bottom