What's new

Fire alarms and subohm clouds

tommyv

Postman
Good evening!

Well, I just nearly cacked my pants.

I built up a new tobh dripper this evening, .41 ohms using dual 5 wraps of .35 kanthal on a 2mm drill bit.

Vapes an absolute beaut and I'm seeing clouds like nothing I've ever been able to do before.

I walked out of my room to get the washing and I set off every fire alarm in the house, haha!

Has anyone else had this?

I'll be dripping outside from now on. ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1402699893.492432.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Wow, you must've been blowing some serious clouds to have set off your fire alarms!

My cheap battery operated ones were always going off with steam from cooking, since I got posh mains powered ones, the only thing that sets them off is when I'm grilling burgers.

Sent from my C6603 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Sounds great haha etc I'm glad I stopped smoking for such fun and games.

Ahh ok, I'm actually in a house share, so no doubt we all have rubbish ones!

Weird though, I have been vaping in here for 10 months and never had an issue before now lol

it could be that the backup batt needs changing. I had a mains one go oversensitive, 9v was flat. if it's optical a cobweb inside could get vapour droplets forming on it. a quick hoover should sort it out. or maybe it's just a good build that's hitting the attys sweet spot.:D

Ive been blasting a .25 Dual pararell coil in my tobh for a few weeks and the clouds are insane but no matter how much i change the weather the alarm never goes off!

Can anyone advise on the airhole positioning on the tobh, should I have the airhole a right next to the coils or not, how does it affect airflow?

Back
Top Bottom