What's new

Flavour much reduced from Pyro V2 RTDA compared to any RDA

Okay after 3 attempts I've found a nice little setup, good flavour and well wicked coils.

I ended up using my favourite wire I normally use for single coil builds:
Authentic Coilology Ni80 Clapton Heating Wire
Ni80(clapton), 26/36 AWG, 10ft / SKU: 9640298
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9640298

6 Wraps spaced 3mm dia with 5mm legs (same as the included jig) coming out just over 0.3 ohms.
I firsttried my favourite cotton by pilot vapes which fluffs well and superb on single coil, but after trying it in the Pyro I found it swelled and choked the juice flow = less flavour, so I stripped it and put in Cotton Labo (muji will work equally as fine) with a looser fit, thinned the ends and wicked it short enough to just show through the bottom of the juice ports.

Vaping it at a higher wattage than I expected around 60 watts, tiny bit of spitback inside but not reaching my gob.

The difference took me by surprise as I was close to calling it a day, but it's delivering as I expected it to when I first bought it, very close call now between this and the Ijoy Squonk RDTA, been vaping it the past hour and happy with it now, I also wrote the setup down so I know next time.

Okay after 3 attempts I've found a nice little setup, good flavour and well wicked coils.

I ended up using my favourite wire I normally use for single coil builds:
Authentic Coilology Ni80 Clapton Heating Wire
Ni80(clapton), 26/36 AWG, 10ft / SKU: 9640298
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9640298

6 Wraps spaced 3mm dia with 5mm legs (same as the included jig) coming out just over 0.3 ohms.
I firsttried my favourite cotton by pilot vapes which fluffs well and superb on single coil, but after trying it in the Pyro I found it swelled and choked the juice flow = less flavour, so I stripped it and put in Cotton Labo (muji will work equally as fine) with a looser fit, thinned the ends and wicked it short enough to just show through the bottom of the juice ports.

Vaping it at a higher wattage than I expected around 60 watts, tiny bit of spitback inside but not reaching my gob.

The difference took me by surprise as I was close to calling it a day, but it's delivering as I expected it to when I first bought it, very close call now between this and the Ijoy Squonk RDTA, been vaping it the past hour and happy with it now, I also wrote the setup down so I know next time.

As long as you found your happy place. I think I found mine but it includes handmade coils which are quite expensive as I dry burn my coils often due to the sugary juice I like, but it’s worth spending the money once you find your happy vape place. Problem is, we will always chase as long as reviewers keep saying this is the best new atty, or coil or juice or whatever :)

Back
Top Bottom