What's new

Freemax Maxus 50W Kit

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Roll up.. roll up..
Hello my fellow vape Apes today's product has been very kindly sent to me from Tina @Freemaxtech

This review are my own views and not of those of anyone at freemax or POTV. Nor have I been paid for my thoughts.

Before I start this review I want to say a massive thank you to Tina @Freemaxtech for giving me the opportunity to test this product as one of the first batch reviewers. I really do appriciate the chance. This being said some items I've received and certain parts of the product may not be a true reflection on when the product is fully released.

As many of you know I am a massive fan of freemax products and already owning the maxus 200W and having the 100W of the missis for christmas, to have the chance to try the younger brother of the 2 in the maxus 50W, it was an opportunity I couldn't turn down. I am just hoping it lives up to the dizzy heights of the other 2 Maxus kits. Let's get down into the unboxing and my thoughts on this device The Maxus 50W.

In the Box

Freemax Maxus 50W mod

Fireluke 22 tank

0.25ohm DTL Mesh Coil (installed)

0.5ohm DTL Mesh Coil

Spare glass

Spare O-rings

Type C USB Cable

User manual
20201206_100631.jpg 20201206_100729.jpg

I also received the 1 ohm, 1.5ohm coil and the MTL drip tip for the purpose of this review.
20201206_101050.jpg

Specs

Output Voltage: 0.5-8V
Output Wattage: 5-50W/100--315℃/200--600℉
Output Mode: Power/VPC/TC-TI/TC-SS/TC-NI/TCR
Resistance Range: 0.1-3ohm
Battery Capacity: 2000mAh
Charger Specification: 5V/2A
Multiple inbuilt protections, short circuit, overtime, overcharge, overdischarge, high temperature and low power.

20201215_211834.jpg

Fireluke 22 Tank

Size L51 x 41 x D23 mm
Capacity 3.5ml
Material SS904L/Tea Fiber Cotton/Resin
Working Wattage: 8-50W
Thread 510
Drip Tip 510

20201215_211915.jpg

The mod

The maxus 50W carries on tradition of the 2 toned resin panels, a tradition that people will have mixed views on, personally I quite like it giving the mod abit of personality and making it stand out from the regular, black, gunmetal and silver mods. That being said some of the colours are bit of a headache clash. The device I received was the blue and red version but it comes in a array of colour options..

maxus-50w-colours-696x336.jpg

The maxus 50W houses a internal 2000MAH battery and type C charging, which when first announced these are the two things i was hoping freemax would do and they've smashed it so well done freemax.

The device has 6 different modes you can use it which will cater to every type of vaper.
Power (Watts)
VPC (power Curve)
TC/TI ( Titanium)
TC/SS (Stainless Steel)
TC/NI (Nickel)
TCR 1/2/3

It feels great in hand, lightweight and discreet which makes it perfect for carrying with you out and about, it houses a LED screen which shows the usual, battery level, puff counter, wattage, ohms and the mode you are using it in. The screen is nice and bright and the buttons are clicky and responsive.

20201207_095226.jpg

It's the normal 5 clicks on 5 clicks off and goes from 5-50w which is where my first niggle for the device comes in, the wattages are in 1 increments, which so far hasnt been a problem as the coils work well on the wattages but sometimes its nice to have the option to up in .1 to really fine tune your vape even if it worked for the first 20W to make it a even better vaping experience for MTL users.

3 clicks of the power button will take you to the menu screen where you can use the + and - buttons to navigate the very simple menu system which is the same as the 100 and 200W without the bypass mode.

Pressing the + and - at the same time will lock the device but it will not show on the screen which for me could be a niggle but one that is easily sorted by pressing the 2 buttons to unlock the device. Although with the device locked you can still fire the device it just prevents you from changing the wattage, meaning you wont burn the coil out if it accidentally fires in your pocket or bag.

The Tank

The device comes with the fireluke 22 tank and for this review it has come with a MTL and DL drip tip both in a resin colour to match the mod colour.

20201215_212153.jpg
16080689954674954348328052687635.jpg

The filling mechanism is a typical top fill but freemax have added a child protection feature. You have to pull the top section up and push it back where there is a very decent sized fill port meaning no problems whatever bottle you use to fill and when you push close it clips back down meaning theres no chance this tank will come undone in your pocket or bag.

20201215_212232.jpg

The coils for the tank are push fit and freemax have added a non leaking mechanism meaning you change the coil even if the tank is full of liquid so a massive pro in my books.

20201215_212318.jpg

Another massive pro in my books for this tank is the amount of airflow options you have there is 5 holes of different sizes when you turn the airflow ring right and then there is 3 holes and an open slit for DL when you turn the AFC ring left. As you can see in the picture below is the DL airflow wide open.

20201215_212439.jpg

The coils

For this review I received 4 coils, 1.5ohm, 1ohm both for MTL and .25ohm and .5ohm for DL. Here are my thoughts on all 4 coils.

maxus-50W-coils-696x248.jpg

1.5ohm- This coil is rated between 8-12W best at 10W. WOW, WOW, WOW. I wish I could just leave it there for suspense but for the purpose of this review I'll explain my reaction. This is one serious coil I found my sweet spot at 11W and the flavour is just incredible it's almost like it was a totally different juice to what I'd had before the different airflow options means you can really tune it to whatever you want, I found the 2nd smallest hole on the MTL airflow to work perfectly for me and has given me the best flavour and MTL draw I've had since I started vaping. The coil lasted me the week and is still going with the flavour just as good as when it started. Running the mod at this wattage level i was getting at least 2 days out of a full charge which is brilliant.

1ohm- another MTL coil with alot to live up too, this one is rated 10-15W with best 12.5W but with the mod only working in 1 increments it's either 12 or 13 and I found 13W to be my sweet spot on the same airflow hole as the 1.5ohm. The flavour was amazing again but in my opinion not as strong as the 1.5ohm coil. I also found this coil to have a slight whistle to it on every inhale no matter what I did, not a game changer but something once I knew it was there I heard it every time.

.5ohm- This is the first of the DL coils rated at 15-30W best at 25W. As always I reccomend priming the coils properly and working your way up the wattages slowly, i used this coil with 2 DL airflow holes open and once I hit 20W the flavour really started coming through, I found my sweet spot at 23W with loads of flavour and the perfect balance for a restricted DL Vape, again I found this coil to have a slight whistle which was abit worse than the 1ohm but not enough to put me of enjoying every toot.

.25ohm- rated at 30-50W best at 40W again slowly increasing the wattage and with the airflow half open I started getting alot of flavour at around 35W I then opened the airflow fully and moved it up and found the perfect spot for me was 38W which produced amazing flavour and plenty of vapour and this is where I will have this coil every time I use it.

With higher wattages does come with it's down fall being an internal 2000Mah battery I did find myself charging this device at least twice a day, with type C charging and it only taking 80.minutes isnt the end of the world, but for me this tank works best as MTL espcially with the maxus 200 and 100W for DL vapes with external battery option.

Pros and Niggles

Pros
-Lightweight, small mod
-Decent sized battery for MTL
-Amazing Flavour
-Safety features
-Filling and coil change mechanism
-Lots of coil options
-Type C charging
-Loads of airflow options

Niggles
-Slight whistle from 1ohm and .5ohm coil
-Not everyone will like the resin designs
-Only 1 increments when changing wattage
- no MTL drip tip included in retail

Overall thoughts
For me overall this device is absolutely brilliant with amazing flavour on all coils and brilliant battery, but personally this tank, mod and coil options for MTL are my favourite since I've started vaping and will be up there as the best this year, the flavour for a MTL tank, the draw and battery life at them wattages means it a device you can take out all day, even 2 and not have to worry about running out of charge and with the coils lasting such a long time it's not a device which will cost you loads in buying loads of coils every week.
This will be my daily MTL device and I dont see anything changing that it's been absolutely perfect for me.

Once again I want to say a massive thank you to Tina @Freemaxtech for giving me this opportunity of testing this device.

Thank you for reading my review
Sam The Vaping Gardner

Thanks for the review mate. The Fireluke 22 is an impressive little tank with those MTL coils. Sets the standard really for stock coils.

Thanks for the review mate. The Fireluke 22 is an impressive little tank with those MTL coils. Sets the standard really for stock coils.
Thank you mate! Yeah 100% it's a cracking tank and like you said it really does set the standard Mtl stock coils

Cracking review mate! Spot on with my experience of the Fireluke22, that 1.5 coil sets the standard for MTL coils for sure, sat vaping away on mine now, superb.

Cracking review mate! Spot on with my experience of the Fireluke22, that 1.5 coil sets the standard for MTL coils for sure, sat vaping away on mine now, superb.
Thank you mate!! Yeah its absolutely unreal I'm going to get myself another box of them on payday make sure I'm.stacked up for xmas ha

Roll up.. roll up..
Hello my fellow vape Apes today's product has been very kindly sent to me from Tina @Freemaxtech

This review are my own views and not of those of anyone at freemax or POTV. Nor have I been paid for my thoughts.

Before I start this review I want to say a massive thank you to Tina @Freemaxtech for giving me the opportunity to test this product as one of the first batch reviewers. I really do appriciate the chance. This being said some items I've received and certain parts of the product may not be a true reflection on when the product is fully released.

As many of you know I am a massive fan of freemax products and already owning the maxus 200W and having the 100W of the missis for christmas, to have the chance to try the younger brother of the 2 in the maxus 50W, it was an opportunity I couldn't turn down. I am just hoping it lives up to the dizzy heights of the other 2 Maxus kits. Let's get down into the unboxing and my thoughts on this device The Maxus 50W.

In the Box

Freemax Maxus 50W mod

Fireluke 22 tank

0.25ohm DTL Mesh Coil (installed)

0.5ohm DTL Mesh Coil

Spare glass

Spare O-rings

Type C USB Cable

User manual
View attachment 234585 View attachment 234586

I also received the 1 ohm, 1.5ohm coil and the MTL drip tip for the purpose of this review.
View attachment 234587

Specs

Output Voltage: 0.5-8V
Output Wattage: 5-50W/100--315℃/200--600℉
Output Mode: Power/VPC/TC-TI/TC-SS/TC-NI/TCR
Resistance Range: 0.1-3ohm
Battery Capacity: 2000mAh
Charger Specification: 5V/2A
Multiple inbuilt protections, short circuit, overtime, overcharge, overdischarge, high temperature and low power.

View attachment 234588

Fireluke 22 Tank

Size L51 x 41 x D23 mm
Capacity 3.5ml
Material SS904L/Tea Fiber Cotton/Resin
Working Wattage: 8-50W
Thread 510
Drip Tip 510

View attachment 234589

The mod

The maxus 50W carries on tradition of the 2 toned resin panels, a tradition that people will have mixed views on, personally I quite like it giving the mod abit of personality and making it stand out from the regular, black, gunmetal and silver mods. That being said some of the colours are bit of a headache clash. The device I received was the blue and red version but it comes in a array of colour options..

View attachment 234590

The maxus 50W houses a internal 2000MAH battery and type C charging, which when first announced these are the two things i was hoping freemax would do and they've smashed it so well done freemax.

The device has 6 different modes you can use it which will cater to every type of vaper.
Power (Watts)
VPC (power Curve)
TC/TI ( Titanium)
TC/SS (Stainless Steel)
TC/NI (Nickel)
TCR 1/2/3

It feels great in hand, lightweight and discreet which makes it perfect for carrying with you out and about, it houses a LED screen which shows the usual, battery level, puff counter, wattage, ohms and the mode you are using it in. The screen is nice and bright and the buttons are clicky and responsive.

View attachment 234591

It's the normal 5 clicks on 5 clicks off and goes from 5-50w which is where my first niggle for the device comes in, the wattages are in 1 increments, which so far hasnt been a problem as the coils work well on the wattages but sometimes its nice to have the option to up in .1 to really fine tune your vape even if it worked for the first 20W to make it a even better vaping experience for MTL users.

3 clicks of the power button will take you to the menu screen where you can use the + and - buttons to navigate the very simple menu system which is the same as the 100 and 200W without the bypass mode.

Pressing the + and - at the same time will lock the device but it will not show on the screen which for me could be a niggle but one that is easily sorted by pressing the 2 buttons to unlock the device. Although with the device locked you can still fire the device it just prevents you from changing the wattage, meaning you wont burn the coil out if it accidentally fires in your pocket or bag.

The Tank

The device comes with the fireluke 22 tank and for this review it has come with a MTL and DL drip tip both in a resin colour to match the mod colour.

View attachment 234592
View attachment 234597

The filling mechanism is a typical top fill but freemax have added a child protection feature. You have to pull the top section up and push it back where there is a very decent sized fill port meaning no problems whatever bottle you use to fill and when you push close it clips back down meaning theres no chance this tank will come undone in your pocket or bag.

View attachment 234593

The coils for the tank are push fit and freemax have added a non leaking mechanism meaning you change the coil even if the tank is full of liquid so a massive pro in my books.

View attachment 234594

Another massive pro in my books for this tank is the amount of airflow options you have there is 5 holes of different sizes when you turn the airflow ring right and then there is 3 holes and an open slit for DL when you turn the AFC ring left. As you can see in the picture below is the DL airflow wide open.

View attachment 234595

The coils

For this review I received 4 coils, 1.5ohm, 1ohm both for MTL and .25ohm and .5ohm for DL. Here are my thoughts on all 4 coils.

View attachment 234596

1.5ohm- This coil is rated between 8-12W best at 10W. WOW, WOW, WOW. I wish I could just leave it there for suspense but for the purpose of this review I'll explain my reaction. This is one serious coil I found my sweet spot at 11W and the flavour is just incredible it's almost like it was a totally different juice to what I'd had before the different airflow options means you can really tune it to whatever you want, I found the 2nd smallest hole on the MTL airflow to work perfectly for me and has given me the best flavour and MTL draw I've had since I started vaping. The coil lasted me the week and is still going with the flavour just as good as when it started. Running the mod at this wattage level i was getting at least 2 days out of a full charge which is brilliant.

1ohm- another MTL coil with alot to live up too, this one is rated 10-15W with best 12.5W but with the mod only working in 1 increments it's either 12 or 13 and I found 13W to be my sweet spot on the same airflow hole as the 1.5ohm. The flavour was amazing again but in my opinion not as strong as the 1.5ohm coil. I also found this coil to have a slight whistle to it on every inhale no matter what I did, not a game changer but something once I knew it was there I heard it every time.

.5ohm- This is the first of the DL coils rated at 15-30W best at 25W. As always I reccomend priming the coils properly and working your way up the wattages slowly, i used this coil with 2 DL airflow holes open and once I hit 20W the flavour really started coming through, I found my sweet spot at 23W with loads of flavour and the perfect balance for a restricted DL Vape, again I found this coil to have a slight whistle which was abit worse than the 1ohm but not enough to put me of enjoying every toot.

.25ohm- rated at 30-50W best at 40W again slowly increasing the wattage and with the airflow half open I started getting alot of flavour at around 35W I then opened the airflow fully and moved it up and found the perfect spot for me was 38W which produced amazing flavour and plenty of vapour and this is where I will have this coil every time I use it.

With higher wattages does come with it's down fall being an internal 2000Mah battery I did find myself charging this device at least twice a day, with type C charging and it only taking 80.minutes isnt the end of the world, but for me this tank works best as MTL espcially with the maxus 200 and 100W for DL vapes with external battery option.

Pros and Niggles

Pros
-Lightweight, small mod
-Decent sized battery for MTL
-Amazing Flavour
-Safety features
-Filling and coil change mechanism
-Lots of coil options
-Type C charging
-Loads of airflow options

Niggles
-Slight whistle from 1ohm and .5ohm coil
-Not everyone will like the resin designs
-Only 1 increments when changing wattage
- no MTL drip tip included in retail

Overall thoughts
For me overall this device is absolutely brilliant with amazing flavour on all coils and brilliant battery, but personally this tank, mod and coil options for MTL are my favourite since I've started vaping and will be up there as the best this year, the flavour for a MTL tank, the draw and battery life at them wattages means it a device you can take out all day, even 2 and not have to worry about running out of charge and with the coils lasting such a long time it's not a device which will cost you loads in buying loads of coils every week.
This will be my daily MTL device and I dont see anything changing that it's been absolutely perfect for me.

Once again I want to say a massive thank you to Tina @Freemaxtech for giving me this opportunity of testing this device.

Thank you for reading my review
Sam The Vaping Gardner

Nice factual review @Sam Andrews, it's nicely laid out and include most things you need to know.

I've been looking forward to the first round of opinions coming through, I'm in for the second batch. Looks something to worth looking forward to from your write up.

May your season be peaceful, prosperous and blessed, my ethereal brother.

Nice factual review @Sam Andrews, it's nicely laid out and include most things you need to know.

I've been looking forward to the first round of opinions coming through, I'm in for the second batch. Looks something to worth looking forward to from your write up.

May your season be peaceful, prosperous and blessed, my ethereal brother.
Thank you for the kind words I I appriciate it alot mate!
Its certainly a cracker of a kit mate enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom