What's new

General question about my vape

I don’t taste anything from wire or cotton with the trusty stainless and labo combination.

Talk about marketing gimmicks, it’s no me that’s queuing up ootside loop n scoop! :P

All comments are showing everybody prefer different wires, cotton etc.
Try until you find the best setup for your self. Luckily wires, and cottons are not expensive.

Definitely organic cotton is the way to go, i feel. Cotton is one of the dirtiest and most pesticide chemically polluted crops that exists.

I get a funny taste off Kanthal if i forget a step, that's about 99% alleviated by giving freshly made coils a short dry burn (the forgotten step). Experiences are going to differ though, just because one person can't pick up a taste with a material (whether that's wick or wire) doesn't mean it can't or won't be there for someone else. Given the low cost for some of the materials, it really can't hurt to just experiment and find what works for you, regardless of what random bob or joe has a preference for.

RE: Muji layers, peel the bottom and top layers, the center is fluffier. I don't bother with the whole scottish roll thing (in my own experience it has made little difference), but prepping the cotton by separating it a little(without pulling it apart) tends to help. Separate, pinch and twist, thread, snip, tuck and go. Again though, don't take my word for it, experiment and see what works! :)

Update guys,MUJI pads has fixed my problem,put them in this morning and instantly a huge flavour and smooth taste,no cotton taste in any way ,its now 12 hrs on that wick and still going strong,no change all still amazing,,so that cotton bacon was the problem ,would never have known that on my own, the new muji wicks very quick on the prime and tastes amazing,so iv ordered 2 years worth lol,was so cheap,so thanks guys for all the advice and getting me to the right cotton,huge thanks to you all for taking the time to advice me on this,and a huge thanks to richirich for posting out a lovely tester batch .im a happy vapper now

Update guys,MUJI pads has fixed my problem,put them in this morning and instantly a huge flavour and smooth taste,no cotton taste in any way ,its now 12 hrs on that wick and still going strong,no change all still amazing,,so that cotton bacon was the problem ,would never have known that on my own, the new muji wicks very quick on the prime and tastes amazing,so iv ordered 2 years worth lol,was so cheap,so thanks guys for all the advice and getting me to the right cotton,huge thanks to you all for taking the time to advice me on this,and a huge thanks to richirich for posting out a lovely tester batch .im a happy vapper now
That's two customers CB have lost now ;) Glad you got it sorted, you'll probably not need to rewick until next week now ;)

Really pleased it's worked out good for you and got to the bottom of the issue. Happy vaping.

No really a fan of Ni 80 either, thought I could taste something funny......however recently been using PC coils fused claptons ni80 mtl and I have changed my mind...damn good with to me no adverse affect of flavour....maybe things have moved on since I last tried ni80.... or all ni80 is not the same....I dunno, but I will prob get more.
Cheap Ni80 is fuckin rank! Had to use the supplied coils on a new atty last week as it was a vertical coiler and needed anti-clockwise wrapped coils and I didny have any - absolutely howling taste aff them, not used it since.

Stealthvape's Ni80, in fact any of their wire, is the best I've used hands down and I won't buy from anywhere else, but even their Ni80 has an initial taste but it goes after 5-6 drags (I think Smut uses their wire? His Ni80 coils bed in quickly too) Never noticed any taste from their Kanthal. And despite NiFe30 being a bloody god TC wire, it takes an age to get rid of the flavour - as if it needs some liquid oxidised on the coil before it becomes flavourless? But then it's really good in TC. SS 316l was like trying to coil with pubes, springy stuff that - I gave up after two coils and gave the roll away.

I'm not noticing any twang at all from any wire, be it Nickel, NiFe, Stainless or Kanthal. Thinking on it I think the only wire I ever noticed anything off was Titanium but that spool is still in the back of the cupboard somewhere.

So far so good, at least if you're rebuilding tomorrow or the next it's pocketchange on cost to rewick.

I'm not noticing any twang at all from any wire, be it Nickel, NiFe, Stainless or Kanthal. Thinking on it I think the only wire I ever noticed anything off was Titanium but that spool is still in the back of the cupboard somewhere.

Have you been representing for the east and eating all the hotsauce?

Back
Top Bottom