What's new

Review Green Hornet - Velutina, Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa

ZT

Super Moderator
Staff member
Continuing my sojourn into other juices and some impartial unbiased thoughts on whats out there at the minute.

Does anyone like Jaffa cakes ?

I like Jaffa Cakes - every once in a while there is a juice that claims to be something - and actually nails the taste spot on.

Mrs Lords did it with Seville Marmalade (for me anyway, truly does it taste like marmalade), Leigh @PlumeBlu sorted it with his lemon drizzle cake cloudy fingy and Green Hornet does it with Velutina.

quite possibly the most faithful reproduction of a Jaffa cake outside of .. well a Jaffa cake - in fact it even tastes better than some of the cheapo knock off supermarket Asda or Tescos Jaffa cakes.

Like the excellent Lemon Grab this is a juice somewhat out of my normal taste profile, or maybe not .. Ive been enjoying a good few different .. some would say even fruity flavours of late - though thankfully my tastes still flatly refuse to extend to anise.

I must admit to having never heard of Green Hornet before Vape Collective earlier this year - and didn't get a chance to talk to them then either, however I did get given a bottle of Velutina which has sat on my desk since VC .. and my recent experiment in going outside the box has led me to hitting up a sensibly coiled snapdragon with a few drops this last day or so .. its a good un ladies and gents.

Not something I would vape all day (much like seville Marmalade actually ... which I really love but can't hit all day) but a lovely evening time vape when I fancy something a bit sweet and can actually be arsed to recoil a dripper.

Its a 70/30 VG PG mix which is about as high as I like to go .. higher than that tends to clog me up a little and make me feel a little sick from all the extra VG sweetness.

can be found here : http://www.greenhornetjuice.com

Nice review again @ZT ... I did meet the lads after @daz_app had let me try Velutina at the bar..
They were nice lads, very helpful and had a range of 4 juices. They all have waspy type names which can confuse you at first..
The velutina is good, very good. I did get a doughnut one as well but it was malleted in a dripper in no time and I cant remember the name..
@Tubbyengineer bought the doughnut one and the sweetshop as well.. I dont know the waspy names but perhaps he could enlighten us..

The sweetshop one is called Luctuosa and is also very nice too! In fact I'll be heading over to the GH boys straight away at Vapefest to stock up.

Nice review again @ZT ... I did meet the lads after @daz_app had let me try Velutina at the bar..
They were nice lads, very helpful and had a range of 4 juices. They all have waspy type names which can confuse you at first..
The velutina is good, very good. I did get a doughnut one as well but it was malleted in a dripper in no time and I cant remember the name..
@Tubbyengineer bought the doughnut one and the sweetshop as well.. I dont know the waspy names but perhaps he could enlighten us..
Crabro is the Doughnutty one, Luctuosa is the Sweetshop (@MrTeaTime says it's a Sherbert straw flavour), Tropica is the one @ZT says reminded him of Orangina...

Crabro is the Doughnutty one, Luctuosa is the Sweetshop (@MrTeaTime says it's a Sherbert straw flavour), Tropica is the one @ZT says reminded him of Orangina...

Continuing my sojourn into other juices and some impartial unbiased thoughts on whats out there at the minute.

Does anyone like Jaffa cakes ?

I like Jaffa Cakes - every once in a while there is a juice that claims to be something - and actually nails the taste spot on.

Mrs Lords did it with Seville Marmalade (for me anyway, truly does it taste like marmalade), Leigh @PlumeBlu sorted it with his lemon drizzle cake cloudy fingy and Green Hornet does it with Velutina.

quite possibly the most faithful reproduction of a Jaffa cake outside of .. well a Jaffa cake - in fact it even tastes better than some of the cheapo knock off supermarket Asda or Tescos Jaffa cakes.

Like the excellent Lemon Grab this is a juice somewhat out of my normal taste profile, or maybe not .. Ive been enjoying a good few different .. some would say even fruity flavours of late - though thankfully my tastes still flatly refuse to extend to anise.

I must admit to having never heard of Green Hornet before Vape Collective earlier this year - and didn't get a chance to talk to them then either, however I did get given a bottle of Velutina which has sat on my desk since VC .. and my recent experiment in going outside the box has led me to hitting up a sensibly coiled snapdragon with a few drops this last day or so .. its a good un ladies and gents.

Not something I would vape all day (much like seville Marmalade actually ... which I really love but can't hit all day) but a lovely evening time vape when I fancy something a bit sweet and can actually be arsed to recoil a dripper.

Its a 70/30 VG PG mix which is about as high as I like to go .. higher than that tends to clog me up a little and make me feel a little sick from all the extra VG sweetness.

can be found here : http://www.greenhornetjuice.com
I tried the jaffa at the Manc meet (cheers Jerry) and again at the "Deck" meet at 3dj gaff, and to be honest, although i like it, the flavour was just to "intense" for me to vape it for more then 10 minutes or so.....Im with you about the "authentic jaffa cake" though...its very close...

Luctuosa on the other had, is fucking spectacular....a winner of a juice....its very sweet, and its a gunker, but fuck me its good....

Top review @ZT

They defo going to be there?
Capture.PNG

I tried the jaffa at the Manc meet (cheers Jerry) and again at the "Deck" meet at 3dj gaff, and to be honest, although i like it, the flavour was just to "intense" for me to vape it for more then 10 minutes or so.....Im with you about the "authentic jaffa cake" though...its very close...

Luctuosa on the other had, is fucking spectacular....a winner of a juice....its very sweet, and its a gunker, but fuck me its good....

Top review @ZT
I would be grateful if you didnt mention the decking meet again.. I dont want to be reminded of @3dj and his pre op stories anymore thank you...Those 2 young lads are still having nightmares

Back
Top Bottom