What's new

Heads up if you're looking for a set of scales

Warpig68

Postman
I don't know if this is of use to anyone but thought I'd post it.
Having just started mixing I invested in a pair of scales. Knowing a little bit on the subject I found these 'dedicated eliquid scales' on ebay (yeah I know) but they are a fairly widespread brand.
The fact that they can be calibrated and work to two decimals was of interest. That's because I have a claibration lab at my disposal, so checking them for accuracy isn't a problem.
Once I'd received them I took them straight to the lab and measured them against 200, 400 and 500g.
The initial result on 200g was 200.34 and compounded from there.
Once I recalibrated them with it's own built in calibration they zero'd perfectly up to 500g (max weight).
The technician was really impressed for a £40 set of scales.
I've mixed up 3 small batches on them now and well pleased with the ease of use, also has a tare and add function.
Hope it helps someone ;)

s-l1600_czm70q.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ON-BALAN...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Last edited:
I've got a set of On Balance scales and they're great, insofar as they haven't broken and weigh stuff correctly (I assume). Mine only cost £20 though, from My Wiegh I think, in Liverpool... £40 seems a bit pricey!

Yes, the On Balance NV500 goes to 2 decimal places.

I checked the calibration on mine after 2 years and it showed 101.5 for 100g, so they're probably not as good as yours, but certainly good enough for our needs.

I will make a note of yours, however, for when mine break as I do like quality stuff.

At completely the other end of the scale (pardon the pun) I got these from China and they haven't let me down yet. I haven't calibrated them, but I weighed some coins and they were right. Good enough for my needs anyway.
0.01 - 500g
battery powered
about a fiver.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/9686251

There are actually quite a lot of good cheap scales around these days that are extremely accurate and cheap. I have a great little set that cost just $13 Aud are now 7 years old, done heaps of work and are spot on. I dont use mine for diy though, for that I use syringes. My scales are for the precious.

Good scales, I own a set, cream supplies were doing them for around £28 delivered. In terms of mixing using scales is a massive game changer.

£5 fastech ones here too, had them a few years and have been splashed with vg a few times and still all good :)

Back
Top Bottom