What's new

Help finding a new RTA for flavour?

branbb60

Initiate
Currently my blotto 1.5mm is sat on my old Aegis Legend.

My blotto has seen better days, but still works pretty well.

I've been thinking to get something a bit bigger such as an:

• Armour max mod + Steam Crave Aromamizer Plus V3 RDTA
  • Blotto max + Armour max mod

Or keep my current mod and get:
  • Steam Crave Supreme V3
  • FATALITY M25 RTA (always out of stock, would be a clone)
  • Vapefly Lindwurm RTA

However, I'm getting mixed reviews that the performance would be much better than my current setup. Apparently the Steam Crave V3 plus is more for clouds.

The Steam Crave Supreme V3 isn't as good as my current blotto 1.5mm

If the RTA is bigger than 26mm I'll happy pick up an Armour Max, however if not, I'll just stick with my Aegis, as that works with no problems.

Stocks never last very long, so I'm struggling to get much of the old recommendations.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions! Thank you :)

Currently my blotto 1.5mm is sat on my old Aegis Legend.

My blotto has seen better days, but still works pretty well.

I've been thinking to get something a bit bigger such as an:

• Armour max mod + Steam Crave Aromamizer Plus V3 RDTA
  • Blotto max + Armour max mod

Or keep my current mod and get:
  • Steam Crave Supreme V3
  • FATALITY M25 RTA (always out of stock, would be a clone)
  • Vapefly Lindwurm RTA

However, I'm getting mixed reviews that the performance would be much better than my current setup. Apparently the Steam Crave V3 plus is more for clouds.

The Steam Crave Supreme V3 isn't as good as my current blotto 1.5mm

If the RTA is bigger than 26mm I'll happy pick up an Armour Max, however if not, I'll just stick with my Aegis, as that works with no problems.

Stocks never last very long, so I'm struggling to get much of the old recommendations.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions! Thank you :)
The fatality M25 is a good shout, and even a clone is good. I currently have the M30 clone and have had a original M30 and the clone is just as good as the OG one I had.

I also have the blotto max and that's a good tank for flavour. Or check Ecigone and see if they have any QP juggernaut left as they had a sale on them.

Good luck.

Not new models but my two favourite RTAs for flavour (both top-vented) are the GeekVape Z and the Arbiter 2.

Very similar in design, both well engineered, both easy to fill and have plenty of room for even particularly stupid builds.

I prefer the Arbiter's deck and airflow a little more but overall prefer the Z... maybe just because it looks nicer.

The Aromatizer RTAs are beautifully and cleverly engineered and do taste great and I love the interchangeable decks (I have 2 of the large and 2 of the small so really bought into them), but, as with all bottom fed RTAs, however carefully you build and fill them, can leak once in a while so for me that counts them out for routine use.

The big Aromatizer /just about/ fits on my Aegis, you could argue there's a tiny overhang (the bottom 'corner' of the tank stays within the overall width... just... but only if you count the curved top edge of the mod in the width) - but it's really very slight - if the top edge wasn't curved it'd be bang on.

Funnily enough I tended to use that RTA on that mod as the Aegis is water(juice)-proof for the inevitable occasional random juice dump.

Oh... and for mesh, the Wotofo Profile - both the standard one and the one with the 4 metal 'cable' type inserts that draw the juice up, really nice flavour on both.

Last edited:
I moved over from RTA to squonking for the flavour but I know squonking doesn`t suit everyone. I was surprised at the flavour from my vaporesso luxe max with a voopoo tw 20 o.2 ohm stock coil fitted, but of course you have the small volume and coil longevity issues that come with all the stock coilers, I`m awaiting delivery of a mesh rda and all things being equal that should be a further improvement. If you haven`t tried a mesh atty I would say give one a try, I woudn`t stick my neck out and recommend one, but I`m sure if you asked there would be plenty on the forum who use them regularly.

I moved over from RTA to squonking for the flavour but I know squonking doesn`t suit everyone. I was surprised at the flavour from my vaporesso luxe max with a voopoo tw 20 o.2 ohm stock coil fitted, but of course you have the small volume and coil longevity issues that come with all the stock coilers, I`m awaiting delivery of a mesh rda and all things being equal that should be a further improvement. If you haven`t tried a mesh atty I would say give one a try, I woudn`t stick my neck out and recommend one, but I`m sure if you asked there would be plenty on the forum who use them regularly.
Lots of folk swear by them, though while I agree in many ways I just like things a bit warmer - if you're curious, I can't recommend the wotofo profile mesh enough, for RDA or RTA - not tried the dual mesh RDA one, would do but they've not made it to my neck of the woods yet.

Lots of folk swear by them, though while I agree in many ways I just like things a bit warmer - if you're curious, I can't recommend the wotofo profile mesh enough, for RDA or RTA - not tried the dual mesh RDA one, would do but they've not made it to my neck of the woods yet.
I've noticed a lot of folk saying that they don't use mesh coils because they like a warm vape. I only use (stock) mesh coils, and i like a warm vape. Why are folk struggling to get a warm vape on mesh coils?

I've noticed a lot of folk saying that they don't use mesh coils because they like a warm vape. I only use (stock) mesh coils, and i like a warm vape. Why are folk struggling to get a warm vape on mesh coils?
I guess one person's 'warm' might mean uncomfortably hot for others; my mouth/tongue have been ravaged by decades of various combinations of ciggies, cigars, pipes, spliffs and bongs so I'm probably more de-sensitised than most, so tend to like it cranked up a bit and mesh isn't ideally suited for that.

I would say mesh is a better solution to the task of turning juice into vapour, but I find it just doesn't have quite the same kick in an RTA/RDA as a coil or two. Having said that there's mesh in the stock coils I'm using now and I find that satisfying, but mesh in an RDA/RTA is a bit different to the way they're made.

Last edited:
I guess one person's 'warm' might mean uncomfortably hot for others; my mouth/tongue have been ravaged by decades of various combinations of ciggies, cigars, pipes, spliffs and bongs so I'm probably more de-sensitised than most, so tend to like it cranked up a bit and mesh isn't ideally suited for that.

I would say mesh is a better solution to the task of turning juice into vapour, but I find it just doesn't have quite the same kick in an RTA/RDA as a coil or two. Having said that there's mesh in the stock coils I'm using now and I find that satisfying, but mesh in an RDA/RTA is a bit different to the way they're made.
I find heat is all about the airflow, not the coil.
I usually have a 3 second vape, and i like the warmth to kick in at the end of that.

I find heat is all about the airflow, not the coil.
I usually have a 3 second vape, and i like the warmth to kick in at the end of that.
Fair point yep, I tend to have airflow all the way open or nearly so on whatever I vape, whack up the oomph to make that hot and chuff on it like pulling a marble through a straw; old smoker (and still smoking) habits die hard so MTL really doesn't do it for me. I'm envious of folk who have better functioning taste buds than I and can enjoy more subtlety; it's the same with coffee, wine etc.

I'm sure if I gave my mouth a few months off smoking to recover I'd move towards that, but there's the rub.

Fair point yep, I tend to have airflow all the way open or nearly so on whatever I vape, whack up the oomph to make that hot and chuff on it like pulling a marble through a straw; old smoker (and still smoking) habits die hard so MTL really doesn't do it for me. I'm envious of folk who have better functioning taste buds than I and can enjoy more subtlety; it's the same with coffee, wine etc.

I'm sure if I gave my mouth a few months off smoking to recover I'd move towards that, but there's the rub.
MTL has never done it for me. I've always been about a RDTL warm vape with a good throat hit. I get that with mesh, so I just wonder why others can't.

Back
Top Bottom