What's new

HELP! my UWELL CROWN coils burn out after Just TWO tank-fulls? (and subsequently taste awful!)

astralvape

Initiate
I use a UWELL CROWN

and each time i prime a new coil and set it up, it only lasts for TWO tank fills of liquid! maybe TWO and a half
at the rate i vape (which is not particualrly heavy) a coil lasts me TWO dAYS!! and thats refilling only twice - and then on the third refill.. rather predictably i can sense the moment where something goes wrong inside and the taste just instantly goes bad!

but i am just honestly

SHOCKED at how quick i am going through my coils... at this rate Vaping will be completely unaffordable.. SO MUCH more expensive than smoking its ridiculous!

Coils: 0.5ohm SS
Mod: Innokin Cool Fire IV
Wattage Range : 29watts- 36watts (most commonly 32watts)

whats also annoying is that now the coils gone the e-juice in this tank is probably un-saveable.. and will contain the burnt taste if i put it in with a new coil. And ive had an awful taste in my mouth all of yesterday (i completley quit vaping all day yesterday and today, and the taste is only just fading now)

Has anyone else eXPERIENCED anything like this with Vaping?

IMG_6867.JPG
coils burn out after only TWO tank-fulls? (and subsequently taste awful!)

what juice you using mate?

alot of juices are packed full of sweeteners and can ruin a coil very quickly. i find the same thing when i use anything from the element range in my crown. also make sure the coils are primed properly, i put a few drops down the centre and then a few drops in each wick hole.

im sure someone else who knows alot more than me will be along to help shortly, but in the meantime maybe try a different juice?
hope you get it sorted, atb.

Running it at 29-36w won't be doing it any favours, best i got out of it was around 50-55w on the 0.5 coil which gave the best flavour/vapour production

70 - 80W is the optimum range I've found for the 0.5 coils. So you're way on the low side there.

How many coils have you been through that have this problem? Could be that you had a bad batch.

Realistically though and time for some truth, if you're looking at saving money I would not be using a UWell Crown with stock coils. You're going to rip through juice, if you're not doing DIY juice it's going to get expensive quickly. If you have a couple of bad batches of coils they're also pretty expensive...

Do you build your own coils? This may be a better option if you're looking at saving a few bucks.

yup me had this at first.
3 coild in the box lasted 5 days.
bought from different suppliers each time and now i get about 2 weeks out of a coil at max 50watts (im using 0.25).

i put it down too either naff coils or using high vg milk man which is 80/20
i now use molejuice and its 70/30 and that seems to work fine.

It sounds as if you're a little low on the wattage side there bud?

I don't know time wise how long the coils in my Crown last as I gauge it by the amount of juice I put through it- which is 60-80ml before I change it,(juice dependant).

The previous posts are correct on two points though:

Cheaper juice with lots of sweetener will knock any coil around more.

The crown is not a cheap tank to run at all. Mines in rotation with 3 others at the minute and it's by far the most thirsty,(mainly because the Herakles plus isn't out to play). I can blow through a tank in no time.

If your main reason for vaping is good flavour and big clouds then use a Crown.

If not, buy a Kayfun, Nautilus or the like and do it differently and more economically.

Sub ohm vaping is expensive. Not as expensive as smoking IMO, but not cheap either.

Edit: Without coming across as being an arse, if you want the best out of your Crown buy a new mod. 40w is nowhere close to where this tank comes alive.

What are the signs that tell you that the coil is dead after such a short time? Is it dry hits, or a burnt taste? ..... because the chances are, it's not the coils that are dying, but the wicking. I did notice with my Crown that the cotton that is used in the Crown coil heads seems very crisp/stiff, compared to others.

Just as a habit, I started leaving my newly installed Crown coils a good 30-45 minutes, before vaping on them, and the life of the coils really increased.

Just something to think about / look at. Maybe try one coils, and after pre-soaking it and putting it in the tank with juice, leave it an hour (just to be sure, forst time). Then see if that coil lasts longer.

Back
Top Bottom