What's new

Help to Defend Vapers

made a reply but the Grammar sucks & some how i posted it twice

MEH.......

my latest reply

Dick All things in excess are UNHEALTHY, certain things are HEALTHIER in moderated quantities and delivered through alternative methods (Ie the Patch, Gum, Ecigs)

I would also like to point out over the last 10 years, studies have found Nicotine is very beneficial in increasing cognitive abilities in older people, people who have used nicotine, have a lesser chance of developing Alzheimer's... "Nicotine is structurally similar to acetylcholine, a naturally-occurring compound that serves as a neurotransmitter. Nicotine binds to nerve receptors and makes nerve cells fire more frequently. In one study, a group of Alzheimer's patients were given nicotine patches, while another received a placebo. Those with nicotine patches maintained their cognitive abilities longer and sometimes even recovered lost cognitive function. A follow-up study indicated that nicotine may also boost cognitive abilities in elderly people who aren't suffering from Alzheimer's but who are experiencing the typical mental decline associated with old age."

"In 2000, a study performed at Stanford revealed surprising results about nicotine's effects on blood vessels. Contrary to popular opinion, the study showed that nicotine actually boosts the growth of new blood vessels. The discovery may lead to new treatments for diabetes."

"In 2000, a study performed at Stanford revealed surprising results about nicotine's effects on blood vessels. Contrary to popular opinion, the study showed that nicotine actually boosts the growth of new blood vessels. The discovery may lead to new treatments for diabetes."

"Nicotine may carry some health benefits with it, but the problem has been "the delivery system," says Don deBethizy. DeBethizy is the CEO of Targacept, a biotech company spun off from R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company and dedicated to researching nicotine-related drugs [Source: Wired]. No one should take up smoking, chewing tobacco or the patch for their health, especially those suffering from pre-existing medical conditions. The challenge is for scientists to find a way to derive medications from nicotine"

(The newest delivery system is the ECIG!)

"It may be years before we see any nicotine-derived drugs on the market. Taking a drug from research to market can take hundreds of millions of dollars and years of work -- not to mention many trial stages and governmental approval. Even so, one day we may look at nicotine like we do opium, foxglove and nightshade. In one form, they're highly dangerous substances; in another, they're vital, even life-saving, medical treatments."

http://www.tobaccoharmreduction.org/faq/nicotine.htm <--- this article is VERY informative.

I would also like to point out, there is no scientific definition of ADDICTION.

my latest reply

Dick All things in excess are UNHEALTHY, certain things are HEALTHIER in moderated quantities and delivered through alternative methods (Ie the Patch, Gum, Ecigs)

I would also like to point out over the last 10 years, studies have found Nicotine is very beneficial in increasing cognitive abilities in older people, people who have used nicotine, have a lesser chance of developing Alzheimer's... "Nicotine is structurally similar to acetylcholine, a naturally-occurring compound that serves as a neurotransmitter. Nicotine binds to nerve receptors and makes nerve cells fire more frequently. In one study, a group of Alzheimer's patients were given nicotine patches, while another received a placebo. Those with nicotine patches maintained their cognitive abilities longer and sometimes even recovered lost cognitive function. A follow-up study indicated that nicotine may also boost cognitive abilities in elderly people who aren't suffering from Alzheimer's but who are experiencing the typical mental decline associated with old age."

"Nicotine may carry some health benefits with it, but the problem has been "the delivery system," says Don deBethizy. DeBethizy is the CEO of Targacept, a biotech company spun off from R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company and dedicated to researching nicotine-related drugs [Source: Wired]. No one should take up smoking, chewing tobacco or the patch for their health, especially those suffering from pre-existing medical conditions. The challenge is for scientists to find a way to derive medications from nicotine"

(The newest delivery system is the ECIG!)

"It may be years before we see any nicotine-derived drugs on the market. Taking a drug from research to market can take hundreds of millions of dollars and years of work -- not to mention many trial stages and governmental approval. Even so, one day we may look at nicotine like we do opium, foxglove and nightshade. In one form, they're highly dangerous substances; in another, they're vital, even life-saving, medical treatments."

http://www.tobaccoharmreduction.org/faq/nicotine.htm <--- this article is VERY informative.

I would also like to point out, there is no scientific definition of ADDICTION.
Impressive !

I've just gone in again. This is so much more than evening the balance to the ad now, this the fight we all have to put up with, the narrow minded fools that think the only way is the official line which we all know doesn't work! I hate close minded ignorance of any kind, if you want to argue at least find out what you are arguing about :)

Some people just can't get round the fact that this works alot better than the normal NRT, and is a lot more enjoyable, heads in sand comes to mind !!!!!

I'm actually disgusted that ex-smokers and people who don't even smoke have the nerve to even give their opinion on a product in no way related to them. Especially when it's saved lives and changed so many too. Rant over, breath Simon just breath. :frown:

Tried to leave a comment, but twitter log in wont work, so I'll leave it here instead. If I come back to this I can always try again

I've never used Vibrant Vapours, although I am a member of the forum that gets mentioned. I actually use a company that imo most vapers dont like, due to that companies willingness to sue over anything & everything.

With that said, I have been a smoker for 30 years. I've tried many times to quit & have always failed. I have tried going cold turkey, I've tried gum (tastes disgusting), I've tried patches (gave me a bad rash), I've tried inhalators (just hurt my lungs & made me cough my guts up)

I had reached the point where I was chain smoking, my chest constantly wheezing, often so loud that my missus thinks I'm snoring when I'm not. I couldnt cycle up my driveway (a 10 min walk) without being so out of breath that I was coughing so hard it nearly made me puke.

I didnt even want to give up, I liked smoking, but I knew I had to. So I gave e-cigs a try.

I tried the supermarket ones, they was ok, but not really strong enough for me (my GF uses them but she can give up cold turkey), I found I was still wanting a fag. I was non-stop vaping on the thing & it wasnt strong enough, I was having to change batteries every hour, & it wasnt enough, & eventually I slipped back into smoking.
For what its worth the supermarket e-cigs did help me cut down on my smoking by about half.

Anyway I looked into things more & eventually bought a Joyetech Ego C passthru battery & a dual coil tank (& some juice of course). This battery (1000 mAh) will last me all day.

I have now been vaping for 4 weeks, & I havent touched a fag since. This is the longest I have given up smoking for. I have had no desire or want for a fag. Actually I did touch a fag, my sister turned up a week after, & I joined her for a cigarette, but it was so disgusting I had to put it out after 3 drags, I just couldnt smoke it & didnt want to either because it was so disgusting.

I'm amazed at how quickly my lungs have recovered, I can now run again, no more wheezing, no coughing my guts up in the morning (or at the end of my drive). I can now cycle up the big hill outside my house without being out of breath, previously just walking up it I would have to stop at the top for about 10 mins while I got my breath back.

As a smoking cessation tool, while they are not allowed to claim to be that, these things just work where everything else failed. Every person I know who has tried vaping no longer smokes . Most people I know who have tried the official NRTs have failed & gone back to smoking cigarettes.

The juice they use is the same stuff as they use in Nebulisers (with plenty of documentation about being safe). As well as Nicotine of course, which although highly addictive & a poison (I'm already addicted because I was a smoker) there have been enough studies that show the effects of nicotine are negligible. Its not the nicotine that kills you, it's everything else in cigarettes that is the problem.

So yes I have replaced my nicotine addiction with a different nicotine addiction, but I have cut out all the crap that is bad for me.

The people I see who are most against E-cigs IMO seem to be morally incensed that I have somehow managed to circumvent the rules that say as a smoker I am a demon who must persecuted & discriminated against, who must be treated badly at every possible opportunity. But the reality is I AM NOT A SMOKER.

Big Pharma are terrified of e-cigs & would like them banned. The government get approx £10bn a year in tobacco taxes, & pay out about £2bn in treatments. This £2bn is Big Pharma's money, which they dont want to lose. Their products have a 90% failure rate, meaning they get to keep most of their customers who will remain smokers & still need treatment. Every person I know who has tried vaping still no longer smokes.

I object to standing outside with the smokers, because I dont smoke, & second hand smoke is bad for you.

I have cut my nicotine content several times, I mostly use 0% nic when I'm at home.

Back
Top Bottom