What's new

Help with my build

zigmol87

Postman
Hey guys,

Took delivery of a mutation x v3 at the weekend. Put in a really simple dual coil build using 26g, coming out at 0.5 ohms. Got great flavour and reasonable ish clouds from it, and was really pleased with the mutation.

I couldn't resist fiddling so decided to put in a new build today. Ended up with a dual parallel build, 9 wraps each with 28g, coming out at 0.4.

Was pleased with my build - coils nice and even etc, but have just vaped on it for the first time and the flavour is really lacking! Vapour production better than before, but it's lost all the flavour from my simple build.

Can you guys help? What have I done wrong?

Here's a pick in case it helps (go easy on my I'm a newbie to RDAs!)

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1427817053.454644.jpg

Chances are it's taking longer to heat up, and a result, isn't effectively vaporising the juice .

I've found that a hot coil that's small will always out perform a cool coil that's huge. :)

Chances are it's taking longer to heat up, and a result, isn't effectively vaporising the juice .

I've found that a hot coil that's small will always out perform a cool coil that's huge. :)

Ahhhh I see. That makes a lot of sense, thank you!

I was thinking more surface area meant better flavour, but can see now why bigger might not always be better!

Any recommendations for a good build for the mutation? Bearing in mind I'm not up to building anything overly complicated quite yet!

Ahhhh I see. That makes a lot of sense, thank you!

I was thinking more surface area meant better flavour, but can see now why bigger might not always be better!

Any recommendations for a good build for the mutation? Bearing in mind I'm not up to building anything overly complicated quite yet!

What mod? :)

Got two 50w regulated mods and a SMPL clone.

Starting to think I might need to get myself something with a bit more power.... Expensive this vaping malarkey!

try a normal 7 wrap using the wire you used above. Less surface area, BUT, less wire the mod has to try and heat for the 50 watt :)

Lovely! Thanks @Raguri!

My Pleasure :)

It's strange, when working with regulated, ohms are not important.
Why? As you can just up the power and it does the maths for you.
Most regulated devices work best at around 1 ohm (Until you hit the 100-150watt devices)

Hahaha

My Pleasure :)

It's strange, when working with regulated, ohms are not important.
Why? As you can just up the power and it does the maths for you.
Most regulated devices work best at around 1 ohm (Until you hit the 100-150watt devices)

Hahaha

Thank you!

So out of curiosity - would the above parallel build work better at higher (more than 50) watts?

Back
Top Bottom