What's new

Help with uwell crown v2

Tilde

Postman
Evening all, after a good amount of research I finally went to buy my first sub ohm tank today, a uwell crown v2.

I've followed all instructions and advice. Swapped out the .2 ohm coil for the .5

Primed the coil to saturation, filled the tank and let it sit for a good 15 mins.

Now the issue, instructions say at .5 ohms i should be running it at between 50w and 80w, however anywhere above 40w the drip tip gets bloody hot, I tried at 50w and it was way too hot.

What am i doing wrong, it's on a eleaf istick power mod. I bought the tank primarily for flavour, not for clouds.

Thanks in advance

Hi @Tilde
sounds a bit weard.
ive got 3 crown 2 tanks on the go all at 50watts and the mouthpiece is relatively cool but i am using the rafale coils. the original ones that came in the tin were ok but didnt last long.

where did you buy the tank from as im wondering if you got old stock which had 2 lots of coils recalled as they were totally shite.

will try and find a video

Hi @Tilde
sounds a bit weard.
ive got 3 crown 2 tanks on the go all at 50watts and the mouthpiece is relatively cool but i am using the rafale coils. the original ones that came in the tin were ok but didnt last long.

where did you buy the tank from as im wondering if you got old stock which had 2 lots of coils recalled as they were totally shite.

will try and find a video

I bought it from ukecig store but the b&m store in Camden. It's gotten slightly better at 40 watts but has taken over an hour to get to this point. From what i can understand from the eleaf instructions i should adjust the temp settings unless I'm running a nickel coil.

I'll keep checking every 15 mins or so and see if i can increase the watts.

Thanks for the tips.

you should NOT be in TC temperature mode at all if you are not using a Nickel ni200 or Titanium coil.
all these coils must be used in wattage mode only
0.8 = 35-55w
0.5 = 50-80w
0.25 = 60-100w

ive got 8 TC mods now and still only use them all in wattage mode.

you should NOT be in TC temperature mode at all if you are not using a Nickel ni200 or Titanium coil.
all these coils must be used in wattage mode only
0.8 = 35-55w
0.5 = 50-80w
0.25 = 60-100w
I haven't gone into any settings on the mod. I'm only playing with the wattages and vent.

thats ok then. thought it worth mentioning as you mentioned temp settings.
ive found all the 0.5 coils for both crown 1 & 2 tanks a bit pants. i much prefer the 0.25

thats ok then. thought it worth mentioning as you mentioned temp settings.
ive found all the 0.5 coils for both crown 1 & 2 tanks a bit pants. i much prefer the 0.25

I've been advised to use a .5 as it's a first time on a sub ohm tank. Is there any major reason why i shouldn't try a .25 coil?

Evening all, after a good amount of research I finally went to buy my first sub ohm tank today, a uwell crown v2.

I've followed all instructions and advice. Swapped out the .2 ohm coil for the .5

Primed the coil to saturation, filled the tank and let it sit for a good 15 mins.

Now the issue, instructions say at .5 ohms i should be running it at between 50w and 80w, however anywhere above 40w the drip tip gets bloody hot, I tried at 50w and it was way too hot.

What am i doing wrong, it's on a eleaf istick power mod. I bought the tank primarily for flavour, not for clouds.

Thanks in advance

What's the flavour like at 40w

Back
Top Bottom