What's new

Hi guys

i dont know why i bother sometimes, but here goes.
ok, i got the 50ml wrong. so im guessing he put 2 nic salt shots in the 100ml, yes or no.
if yes then that is still diluted down to 3mg final strength.
salts cause a head rush on low wattage but that is at 20mg strength.
as said, yours is now 3mg strength.

nicotine is as bad as caffein. if you drink too many coffees or red bulls you get a head rush. its not dngerous to your health. the head rush is your body warning you you are doing something wrong and its warning you. if you get that even at 3mg then stop vaping it. as i said lower the wattage and try an hour later. oh and drink plenty of water as it dehydrates you.

mic drop, ive left the building.....
That helps. I was just confused, my apologies for that

I do have a pod I can repurpose but the juice is still 70/30
Your juice is 3mg so just use it in your tank. It doesn't make any difference to the strength if it is freebase or salts. Some folk don't get on with salts, but they aren't any stronger.

90% of my vaping is relatively high powered DL vaping and I always buy either 50ml or 100ml shortfills - and I add one nic shot to a 50ml shortfill and two nic shots to a 100ml shortfill to get either 60mls or 120mls of 3mg nicotine juice.

I'll happily use either freebase or salt nic shots, or even one of each in a 100ml shortfill if that is all that I have available. When you are mixing juices to 3mg nicotine personally I wouldn't obsess about which type of nic you are using because I find it makes FUCK ALL DIFFERENCE.

If you are buying juices with a higher concentration of nicotine for MTL vaping then you will DEFINITELY notice a difference because Freebase nicotine will give a throat hit, Nic Salt doesn't - you will definitely find you prefer one type of nicotine over another. If you like a throat hit (similar to a cigarette) the chances are you will prefer Freebase, if you don't need a throat hit you'll probably prefer nic salt.

For DL vaping you probably don't need more than 3mg, if the type of nic has any throat hit or not doesn't particularly matter. Most DL vaping is at much higher power settings, you are inhaling much more vapour, and you're not strictly mimicking the actions of a cigarette, so I recommend you don't give a shit about what type of nic shots you use, Freebase/Salt Nic work just as well when making LOW concentration nicotine mixes like 3mg.

I think what is fucking with your head is you are vaping 'ice' type juices, or something some twat has added an 'ice' nic shot to and you're having a tough time vaping it. I don't blame you - Ice and menthol juices should be used for drain cleaning.

For what it's worth I only vape nic salt MTL juices or shortfills with Freebase nic shots (because they are easier to acquire and tend to be a bit cheaper) - but if I have any nic salt shots available they work just as well. Just don't buy ice shots lol.

I know it’s not stronger. But salts get through quicker. I don’t even know what wattage would be safe for it, Anyway I’ll just do as said

I know it’s not stronger. But salts get through quicker. I don’t even know what wattage would be safe for it, Anyway I’ll just do as said

There isn't really a safe/unsafe wattage for vaping nic - it is more about how much nic you are ingesting and your personal requirements

You may find an 18 to 20mg mix perfect at 12 Watts. When you are vaping highly concentrated levels of nic you don't need much vapour as the little you get will contain a lot of nicotine so 12W may be fine for you. If you tried to vape it at 25 Watts you may find it will give you a headache or make you nic sick because you are getting much more nic than you need.

When it comes to 3mg juices you may find you are comfortable vaping it at 80 Watts - you will be getting a lot more vapour but the nicotine content will be much lower.

I think you may have got the idea that nic salt is for low power vaping only. That isn't really correct. MTL JUICES are formulated for lower powered vaping - DL JUICES tend to be formulated for higher powered vaping (because of the lower nicotine content), if this DL juice just happens to use a Salt Nic shot - it is a Nic Salt Juice formulated for higher powered vaping

And18mg Nic Salt nic shot and an 18mg Freebase Nic Shot both contain 18mf of Nicotine in 10ml, one isn't stronger than the other - they are both the same, and neither is any more dangerous or safe at higher/lower power levels - the end concentration of the nicotine in the juice is what matters. Generally just set the power that gives you your preferred vape as long as you aren't in danger of overpowering the coil and burning it out early you should be good.

Last edited:
There isn't really a safe/unsafe wattage for vaping nic - it is more about how much nic you are ingesting and your personal requirements

You may find an 18 to 20mg mix perfect at 12 Watts. When you are vaping highly concentrated levels of nic you don't need much vapour as the little you get will contain a lot of nicotine so 12W may be fine for you. If you tried to vape it at 25 Watts you may find it will give you a headache or make you nic sick because you are getting much more nic than you need.

When it comes to 3mg juices you may find you are comfortable vaping it at 80 Watts - you will be getting a lot more vapour but the nicotine content will be much lower.

I think you may have got the idea that nic salt is for low power vaping only. That isn't really correct. MTL JUICES are formulated for lower powered vaping - DL JUICES tend to be formulated for higher powered vaping (because of the lower nicotine content), if this DL juice just happens to use a Salt Nic shot - it is a Nic Salt Juice formulated for higher powered vaping

And 18mg Nic Salt Juice and an 18mg Freebase Nic Shot both contain 18mf of Nicotine in 10ml, one isn't stronger than the other - they are both the same, and neither is any more dangerous or safe at higher/lower power levels - the end concentration of the nicotine in the juice is what matters. Generally just set the power that gives you your preferred vape as long as you aren't in danger of overpowering the coil and burning it out early you should be good.
Defo not gonna overpower the coil, will vape at its lowest, wanna get at least a base level experience. I am picking up bits and pieces from answers here, Again to clarify, then ill be off, 70/30 juice, 3MG nicotine from a nic shot at 50VG, vaping at the minimum the coil is rated at 50W.

Thanks guys

Defo not gonna overpower the coil, will vape at its lowest, wanna get at least a base level experience. I am picking up bits and pieces from answers here, Again to clarify, then ill be off, 70/30 juice, 3MG nicotine from a nic shot at 50VG, vaping at the minimum the coil is rated at 50W.

Thanks guys
It might take you a coil or two to figure out what power to run it at. You might enjoy it at one setting, but it burns out after a couple of days. Dropping it a couple of watts may be almost as good but may give you a week or so. You decide what suits you best. The watts recommendation on your coil isn't a rule. If it says 60-80 watts, i would start it at 40 watts and take a few draws. Raise it a few watts at a time until you are happy with it. If you are happy at 55 watts then you don't have to go any higher.

It might take you a coil or two to figure out what power to run it at. You might enjoy it at one setting, but it burns out after a couple of days. Dropping it a couple of watts may be almost as good but may give you a week or so. You decide what suits you best. The watts recommendation on your coil isn't a rule. If it says 60-80 watts, i would start it at 40 watts and take a few draws. Raise it a few watts at a time until you are happy with it. If you are happy at 55 watts then you don't have to go any higher.
Still happy to run at its lowest. That isn’t the concern. Have a good day

90% of my vaping is relatively high powered DL vaping and I always buy either 50ml or 100ml shortfills - and I add one nic shot to a 50ml shortfill and two nic shots to a 100ml shortfill to get either 60mls or 120mls of 3mg nicotine juice.

I'll happily use either freebase or salt nic shots, or even one of each in a 100ml shortfill if that is all that I have available. When you are mixing juices to 3mg nicotine personally I wouldn't obsess about which type of nic you are using because I find it makes FUCK ALL DIFFERENCE.

If you are buying juices with a higher concentration of nicotine for MTL vaping then you will DEFINITELY notice a difference because Freebase nicotine will give a throat hit, Nic Salt doesn't - you will definitely find you prefer one type of nicotine over another. If you like a throat hit (similar to a cigarette) the chances are you will prefer Freebase, if you don't need a throat hit you'll probably prefer nic salt.

For DL vaping you probably don't need more than 3mg, if the type of nic has any throat hit or not doesn't particularly matter. Most DL vaping is at much higher power settings, you are inhaling much more vapour, and you're not strictly mimicking the actions of a cigarette, so I recommend you don't give a shit about what type of nic shots you use, Freebase/Salt Nic work just as well when making LOW concentration nicotine mixes like 3mg.

I think what is fucking with your head is you are vaping 'ice' type juices, or something some twat has added an 'ice' nic shot to and you're having a tough time vaping it. I don't blame you - Ice and menthol juices should be used for drain cleaning.

For what it's worth I only vape nic salt MTL juices or shortfills with Freebase nic shots (because they are easier to acquire and tend to be a bit cheaper) - but if I have any nic salt shots available they work just as well. Just don't buy ice shots lol.
Its not an ice nic shot, its just my bad luck, all the uices I have tried seem to have a menthol aftertaste, ste seriously slushy mixed berries for example

Its not an ice nic shot, its just my bad luck, all the uices I have tried seem to have a menthol aftertaste, ste seriously slushy mixed berries for example

Any juice with 'slushie' or 'slush' in the name will have some form of coolant added.

Back
Top Bottom