What's new

Hi. I have just signed up on here because I DESPERATELY need some advice form you guys!

Peter G.

Hi,

I have just signed up on here because I desperately need some advice from other vapers, I am absolutely going out of my mind here and literally tearing my hair out!

Just to give you the basics about me before I start. I have been vaping for many years so I am not new to it, I have had many different devices but my latest device is the Vaporesso Target 200. I have also been using this device fro a long time without any problems.....until now!

For the last few weeks every single coil I have put in my device has immediately started leaking, before I even get one single puff from it. The oil just starts pouring through the filter and down the middle of the coil to pool up in the airflow system at the bottom and start leaking all over my device and all over my desk. I am on my 3rd packet of coils in about a week and every single coild I use does the same thing and I am going out of my mind with this!!!

I have been using this device for a long time now without any of these issues, apart from maybe the odd one or two faulty coils over the span of a year, which is to be expected with any product so that didn’t bother me at all. But ever since I got this device, which has been a long time, I have used multiple packets of 0.15 ohm, 0.4 ohm, and 0.2 ohm GTi coils and never had a problem until recently in the last few weeks, so I have no idea what is going on. I know the hot weather can make the consistency of oil a lot thinner so I tried it in cooler conditions to eliminate that possibility and it still happened so it is not that. I carefully took apart the device and checked for any debris or sharp points within the device to make sure that it wasn’t poking one of the filter windows and letting the oil flood in, I can verify that this is not the case and have also eliminated this possibility. I have tried it with various different oils from different manufacturers to make sure that wasn’t the problem, and it wasn’t so that possibility has also been eliminated.

I literally have no choice now but to use my old vape device that only has fifth of the power, a fifth of the tank size, doesn’t put out even a fraction of the amount of vape that my target 200 does, but it does work without leaking so I am now using that again which is ridiculous as I should be able to use my target which is much more modern and much more powerful.

Please can you, anyone, as many people as possible, PLEASE give me some ideas as to what can be the issue here?

Thank you.

Hi @Peter G. and welcome to the planet.

a few questions need answering.
what makes of juice (its not oil) are you using and what is the ratio 50/50 70vg 80vg
where are you buying your coils from and is it the same place as when you didnt have this leaking. coils are the most faked vape items and every make has clones or fakes out there. i would never buy from ebay or even amazon.
have you checked your o rings to see if they have moved or split in some way.
which itank do you have, itank 1 or 2.

also your correct that the weather can cause issues. are you in the uk or another country thats actually having a real summer. ive had tanks in the past that can piss out during the summer but no issues what so ever when tthe colder months move in.

Firstly check that the juice is of the right viscosity (30/70 or 40/60 eg), then check that your seals are all fitted and not twisted or damaged and that the tank is properly put together ie no cross threading, most tanks work on a principal of an imperfect vacuum, if any atmospheric air can get into the tank it will break that vacuum and cause leaks, thirdly it is nothing whatsoever to do with your mod, that is just there to supply power to the coil, essentially.

Hey! Interesting question, and requires a diagnostic approach.

Since your problem suddenly occurred without any other changes, it indicates that there was damage to your vape tank. If it’s not your juice, not the temperature, and not the coils, it has to be damage to the tank in some way :hmm:

Have you damaged the orings? If you have extras, change them all, and then lubricate them with vg juice before assembly. Have you cross threaded any of the parts? Any poor seal will destroy the vacuum holding the juice in the tank. Though unlikely, have you noticed any cracks or parts that don’t fit correctly anymore? See vacuum above…

That’s as much help as I can give, at least without more info and/or pics. Good luck! ;)

As well as checking the o-rings on the top and bottom of the glass are good, change the top seal - if that is damaged it will dump the juice.

To be honest mate, you have a spare set of seals that came with the kit - change them all. If it still leaks then you have cross threaded something. Just in case you weren't aware - when you screw something together turn it ANTI-CLOCKWISE first until you feel a slight click - then screw it down. If you just drop it roughly in place and twist the bejesus out of it until it screws down you will muller the threads very quickly if you are even slightly heavy handed. If the threads are gone the tank is scrap I'm afraid as it will get worse over time.

Stuff goes wrong, if it's new take it back and get a replacement. Unfortunately its just part and parcel, especially with mass-produced plastics and metals

Back
Top Bottom