What's new

How Old are your Batteries

me neither, they only ever go in mods. seems like madness.

do people stockpile batteries like they do with devices? i only have 4. 2 are new and 2 are about 4 or 5 years old.

it won't seem like madness if you use mech mods and the switch isn't the positive contact type. Cleaning to remove arcing marks from battery terminals becomes a regular part of routine maintenance. i don't think it's much of an issue with regulated mods, but mod and battery terminals can get contaminated with juice deposits - and I've found on a few occasions that cleaning both has resolved early 'low battery' cut-off (when the batteries were good and still had plenty of charge) in a few mods.

I wouldn't say I stockpile batteries, but I have over 40. However, I currently have 10 kits on the go, one in my bedroom and two MTL kits in my jacket pockets. If I was exclusively an MTL vaper and was happy running one or two setups then 4 batteries would work for me but as it is at the moment I'd be fcked for a few hours the moment the batteries in my para-series HOG V3 or V4 XL needed a charge unless I had spares.

40 may seem a bit on the high side, and probably is, but half of my vaping is high wattage mech - and having plenty of spare pre-charged batteries is a must when they drain in an hour or two.

I don't really find batteries much of an issue. I mostly find that juice pooling under my RTA is the thing I tend to pay more attention to so I regularly clean the 510 connector in the top of my mods to prevent juice getting into the mod.

I only use 21700's and the oldest ones I have currently in use are about a year old. I always keep a bottle of rubbing alcohol handy because that's great for cleaning all sorts of things.

why are all your devices leaking?

For the first few tanks they don't but I like to try and get the most life I can out of my builds. After the first few tanks I start to get excess vapour that excapes through the air holes in the tank.

why are all your devices leaking?

Mainly Boro's that have Condensation Issues, also sometimes get the odd bit of juice on Normal Mods mainly in and around the 510. I have been cleaning Mods and Batteries since i started Vaping. Just something i have always done. When i have finished using a Mod i always get the Mr Sheen out before i put it back in it's box. Think it's just a habit now.

there’s never condensation under my tank. i used to get it with the bb and it’s one reason i didn’t get another one when i lost it. but it didn’t ever get anywhere near the batteries.

can’t be doing with devices that leak.

Maximising vapour production and flavour is kind of the whole point with sub ohm RTA's so a bit of excess vapour getting onto the outside of the tank isn't a problem and shows that the build is working well.

It's a totally different issue to a tank that's just leaking raw juice.

there’s never condensation under my tank. i used to get it with the bb and it’s one reason i didn’t get another one when i lost it. but it didn’t ever get anywhere near the batteries.

can’t be doing with devices that leak.

and I'm guessing you're a low wattage MTL vaper...

Back
Top Bottom