What's new

Does liquid go bad?

the longer liquid sits with nic in it, it reacts with the flavour he molecules and produces nicotyrine. this improves the quality of it greatly and influences the body’s metabolism of nic, making it much more satisfying to puff.

there’s a couple of old threads on here about this.
there is one pretty recent too:

there is one pretty recent too:

found the one with link to the paper about nicotyrine

found the one with link to the paper about nicotyrine

Yes, I've read the paper some time ago.
Hence, in the thread I have cited, I have recommended tight seal and filling the bottles "to the top" - thus minimising the amount of air in contact with the eliquid.
If you'd apply that - there is no air-nicotine contact and then the nicotyrine cannot be formed.

Yes, I've read the paper some time ago.
Hence, in the thread I have cited, I have recommended tight seal and filling the bottles "to the top" - thus minimising the amount of air in contact with the eliquid.
If you'd apply that - there is no air-nicotine contact and then the nicotyrine cannot be formed.

aye, but the hypothesis is that you want nicotyrine to form, because it inhibits enzymes that break down nic allowing more to be absorbed and easing withdrawals. i.e. longer lasting nic satisfaction.

aye, but the hypothesis is that you want nicotyrine to form, because it inhibits enzymes that break down nic allowing more to be absorbed and easing withdrawals. i.e. longer lasting nic satisfaction.
Well, with THIS aim - yes. However, I could see a scenario where if you'd store the eliquid long enough - all nicotine would be oxidised. Then, to have a mix of the nicotine and nicotyrine you would need to mix something again, potentially going above the target with the total concentration?
My point was related with the ability for the long term storage without the reaction occurring.

Back
Top Bottom