What's new

How Old are your Batteries

LordOdin

Veteran
I have some Batteries that are coming up to 4 years old. They all still charge and hold a charge very well. I have quite a few 18650 and 21700 plus i keep buying more at least 4 or 5 times a year and maybe more. Also how old are your Batteries and how do you clean the Terminals ?. I use Methylated Spirit or White Vinegar and Bicarb.

mine are about 6 months old, had to replace them as they were going on 5 years plus and not lasting in a mod...when I can be arsed which isn't very often, clean them and the battery charger terminals with peek

Mixed battery ages, some over 5 years old that are past their best that I only use for MTL, some as recent about 6 months old.

I clean battery contacts with a dab of brasso - or a quick tickle with superfine grade wet and dry if they seem particularly skanky

Got some 18650s at least 5 yrs old but virtually all my 21700s are probably 2 years old but did have recycle some old 21700 recently I got of torch & that was from the vape fest event lol so had my moneys worth out of em, i also use nail varnish remover too clean the contacts on mine does the job lol

Last edited:
Mine are roughly anything from 2 years to new. I try to pick a couple up every 6 months and rotate them all. Alphabetical with a Sharpie. Never thought of cleaning them. I'll give it a go.

I had a clear out a while back as battery life was dying on most of them. Most of my batts are under 2 year old now.

Mine are roughly anything from 2 years to new. I try to pick a couple up every 6 months and rotate them all. Alphabetical with a Sharpie. Never thought of cleaning them. I'll give it a go.

Positive and Negative can get gunked up especially with Boro Devices. I clean mine regularly, I also clean the Positive and Negative Terminals on my Mods with Methylated Spirit.

My oldest are a bit over 4 years old and still get used. Newest are around 6 months.
Like most I rotate them so each gets a couple of days between use.

Positive and Negative can get gunked up especially with Boro Devices. I clean mine regularly, I also clean the Positive and Negative Terminals on my Mods with Methylated Spirit.
Luckily the Stubby has a separate compartment so shouldn't get gunky.

Most of them are pretty old, 2 - 5 years I'd guess.. never cleaned a battery contact in my life.

Back
Top Bottom