What's new

How will the eliquid tax affect your juice purchases? (poll Included)

How will the eliquid tax affect your juice purchases?

• I'll still purchase my liquids of choice, despite the price hikes

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • I intend to quit vaping

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • I'm switching from DTL to MTL

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I'm going down the DIY route

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • I'll probably end up back on the fags

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (replied in thread)

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Banana

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • I already DIY, I wont be so badly affected

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • I'm considering quitting vaping

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters
I already mix my own juice so will continue with that. Concentrates don't seem to be mentioned but if they're treated as e-liquid with zero nicotine then the price will go up by nearly 60%, e.g. a Drake's 30ml concentrate will go up from £4.99 to £7.99.

You can't vape concentrates, well, they're not intended to be vaped. Concentrates are nothing more than flavouring, used in all sorts of other products. Same thing with VG/PG. Is a Litre of VG or PG going to be £130?

Am on 0 nic now and I don't vape nearly as much as I used to. Will keep buying my favourites for as long as they keep going. May eventually just give up.

I hardly use any nic, I put 0.25 in my concoctions - tbh thats just to bring some flavour out. I still vape because I don't think I ever broke the habit of doing something with my hands.
I did try masturbation, but that was frowned upon at the British Legion.

I'll keep buying occasionally from LegioX as a treat because I love those guys. But that will probably be it. I'll keep at the mixing and hope that I don't need to buy a wine cooler to stash a lifetime supply of 'you know what'.

Last edited:
I'm not sure.

I haven't had any real success with DIY. I could make stuff I can vape, but I never managed to make anything I actually enjoyed so I'm loath to take the DIY route - and the tremors in my hands are getting worse so I wouldn't consider dodgy strength nicotine.

At the moment I'm thinking of buying enough nic shots to put in the freezer to last maybe 3 years - as I only vape 60ml of 3mg and 10-15ml of 20mg nic salts in an average week it will cost me an average of an extra tenner a week in tax if I have a stock of nic shots which, although not welcome, I can live with. If I need to economise I'll just ease up on buying hardware which wouldn't be a bad thing. My second option would be to try transitioning to MTL only - but that doesn't appeal as I prefer DL.

In theory I'll be OK, but my theory relies on juice manufacturers surviving. I'll probably have a difficult time buying 200 to 250mls of 0mg and 6 10ml 20mg nic salts a month if the juice manufacturers go under.

Then there's that nasty possibility of flavour restrictions. If they are introduced then, on top of taxes, there is little question in my mind that the juice manufacturers are totally fucked.

As much as I love Supergood, I don't think I'd able to afford to vape it all day every day anymore... so I'll probably either go DIY or just quit vaping entirely as to me DIY always tastes like DIY.

This is the bigger issue, it's not about how it might affect us individually, I'm sure we'll all find a creative way to get by..... but it how it will affect someone like Supergood. How far do sales need to drop before they decide it's not worth it?

Think I will see how it goes, if I think its too expensive it may be time for me to call it a day.

I'm not sure.

I haven't had any real success with DIY. I could make stuff I can vape, but I never managed to make anything I actually enjoyed so I'm loath to take the DIY route - and the tremors in my hands are getting worse so I wouldn't consider dodgy strength nicotine.

At the moment I'm thinking of buying enough nic shots to put in the freezer to last maybe 3 years - as I only vape 60ml of 3mg and 10-15ml of 20mg nic salts in an average week it will cost me an average of an extra tenner a week in tax if I have a stock of nic shots which, although not welcome, I can live with. If I need to economise I'll just ease up on buying hardware which wouldn't be a bad thing. My second option would be to try transitioning to MTL only - but that doesn't appeal as I prefer DL.

In theory I'll be OK, but my theory relies on juice manufacturers surviving. I'll probably have a difficult time buying 200 to 250mls of 0mg and 6 10ml 20mg nic salts a month if the juice manufacturers go under.

Then there's that nasty possibility of flavour restrictions. If they are introduced then, on top of taxes, there is little question in my mind that the juice manufacturers are totally fucked.

remember there’s a good chance that big bottles of zero nic will become a thing of the past. everything will be 10ml bottles apart from fish bait and kitchen essences.

Back
Top Bottom