What's new

I Must be nuts!

Not sure square or rectangular buttons was a good idea.
What a nightmare this is turning out to be but it's not going to defeat me.
I've started on take two while I figure out the square button dilemma and will probably move onto take three by the time it's done ha ha.....

View attachment 248104

Keep going mate. You'll get there.

Nice work.

I know S/S can be a bugger to work with.

Like the panels a lot.
Thank you they arived today and look better in the flesh.
Never worked with the material before but apparently it can be bent and formed with a gentle heat.
Not sure how im going to fit them yet but looking forward to it as i kinow that'll be the last job :2thumbsup:

Not sure square or rectangular buttons was a good idea.
What a nightmare this is turning out to be but it's not going to defeat me.
I've started on take two while I figure out the square button dilemma and will probably move onto take three by the time it's done ha ha.....

View attachment 248104

I'm impressed by the collection of hammers :)

that comes across as bitchy it’s not meant to be your doing good it’s not easy making a mod at the best of times

Last edited:
Ha ha.
I was just admiring your freshly milled face plate and wishing i was that skilled.
Doing this has made me realise how much skill goes into what you do :worship:

It’s repetition if you I made you do 50 then by the 40th you would do it blindfold it would take some time but you would do it but after you mastered it making a mistake brings on new possibilities in making it gives you creation the “I wonder” thing

Well as i said time for take 3.
Ended up making some buttons for the square and rectangular holes from a slice of the same material im going to use for the panels and gets to the final hurdle of drilling the board mount holes and on the last hole by the fire button the 1.5mm drill bit travelled and found its way into the button hole.
Consolation is as vapesmarter says trial and error has taught me a few very valuable lessons like i now know how to accurately bend the steel wuthout a fly or bench press and tools and can drill out all but the hole for the screen with a pillar drill alone.
Learning about board mount kits and screws and different actuator (button) depths etc so round 4 should see me get to the last stage of creating the panel in no time.
Next picture will be a near fully assembled mod just waiting on delivery of some more steel.

Still a little rough and got to fix the fire button as it's catching slightly but on the home straight now.....

20210611_194442.jpg
20210611_194424.jpg

Back
Top Bottom