What's new

I Must be nuts!

Hi mate, if you ever need any stainless strips cut to size and formed all you have to do is ask, and i sort it for you. work with stainless all day at work :)

Hi mate, if you ever need any stainless strips cut to size and formed all you have to do is ask, and i sort it for you. work with stainless all day at work :)
:thud::thud::thud::thud::thud:

:buttkisser::thankssign::buttkisser::thankssign::buttkisser:

You my friend would have been a friend indeed a few weeks ago as I'd have loved the use of a power or fly press.
Thank you so much for your kind offer but I've managed to crack the bending part with a 10lb lump hammer and a vice.

It's the drilling of said 3mm thick stainless that's the bitch but i suspect youve got access to punch tools etc which would make is much simpler.
If 8 ever decide to do another i would love to accept your help.

Great - you can see the difference as you've progressed too. Looking good. :)
Ha ha ive started again twice since that picture.
You never know what issues crop up like who'd of thought you cant use the standard board mount barels with an 8mm button unless you move the screw holes away by 2mm.
Grrrrrrrrr

Ha ha ive started again twice since that picture.
You never know what issues crop up like who'd of thought you cant use the standard board mount barels with an 8mm button unless you move the screw holes away by 2mm.
Grrrrrrrrr
No pain ..... no gain ....... ;)

You my friend would have been a friend indeed a few weeks ago as I'd have loved the use of a power or fly press.
Thank you so much for your kind offer but I've managed to crack the bending part with a 10lb lump hammer and a vice.

It's the drilling of said 3mm thick stainless that's the bitch but i suspect youve got access to punch tools etc which would make is much simpler.
Mate a good centre dotter and some drill cutting compound, start with small drill and go up through the sizes, don't run your drills to fast with to much pressure else you will melt them :)
if ever you need stuff just ask!.
And most of the holes in the stainless we use is cut with our lazer. but its all looking good!!.
And for the make of drills or anything cutting holes or csk go for Dormer. (Best)

Last edited:

Try some cobolt drills.
Some kind of cutting fluid or past will help a lot.

Back
Top Bottom