What's new

If you often get sore throat or lungs - READ THIS

Well now we're putting the world to rights what shall we talk about now?

Donald Trump anyone? :angrymob:

I like Trump in the sense he actually does what he says he is going to do. He’s got some strange ideas, but he always follows them through. He’s also a lunatic mind.

But he’s no worse than what the US have now imo.

I like Trump in the sense he actually does what he says he is going to do. He’s got some strange ideas, but he always follows them through. He’s also a lunatic mind.

But he’s no worse than what the US have now imo.

I'd vote for Donald Duck.

Quack, quack! :america:

TBH the forum needed this thread...reminds me of the good auld days when the asylums were open and we all sat in the big hall eating cockroaches with our pyjamas on back to front....em were the days:)

agreed. without this thread we’d no have found out about your wee wullie and the magical powers of cbd gummies. :)

I would also note that "food grade" has been mentioned repeatedly. Diacetyl springs to my mind. Just because something is safe to eat doesn't necessarily mean that it's harmless and safe to inhale.

Guys, I apologise for being a pain but, if I may I’d like run an idea past you all.

I obviously got things wrong with my original post but I think inflammation in peoples lungs and throat and the role nicotine plays in that is something which I think is still important.

Thereby I’d like to either go back and edit my original post or perhaps delete this thread and start a new one.

However, I don’t want to get things wrong and upset people a second time so I’d like to run my redraft past you all first to make sure you are all happy if that’s OK.

==================================================

Lung & throat inflammation and Nicotine build up

This subject has been bothering me for ages because it’s something I don’t think has been given enough attention.

I get so much pleasure and enjoyment out of vaping and have been chugging away for over 10 years. However, for the last few years the only thing I vape is my Blotto RTA’s which are a DTL tank. Having got the setup exactly how I like it I get such gorgeous flavour.

At the same time though for quite a while now I have found that I often get a lot of soreness in my throat and lungs because I’m gulping down such big volumes of vapour with every puff.

Whenever I get soreness like this what I have always found is that I just have to slow down my puffs or go a few hours without vaping and it eases off or goes away completely.

I’m not really looking for advice. I feel I’ve got it under control well enough. What I want is to raise awareness so this kind of inflammation gets more attention.

I mix my own juice recipes and up until recently I mixed them at 70% VG and 3mg Nic.

What seems to be happening is that over time I am getting too much build up of nicotine in my airways. On my last recipe mix I have dropped the nic down to 2.5mg which has definitely helped. The soreness has definitely eased quite a bit but, because it has also meant I’m able to take more frequent puffs, I haven’t completely got rid of it yet. When my set up is working well my flavours get so morish it makes me take a lot more puffs. I plan on dropping down to 2mg on my next batch. Hopefully, then I can find that ‘sweet spot’ where the soreness will go away but I can still get as much nicotine as my body is happy to accept.

What I have worked out is that I know 100% pure nicotine is a poison which would kill you even if you only get it on your skin. Knowing that means that, while I know the levels we use won’t kill us, if too much nicotine builds up in our system what it can do is become a skin irritant and, thereby, cause inflammation in our airways.

The more nicotine you ingest, the more it builds up leading to burning and soreness.

I don’t think the soreness is due to other ingredients. I only buy from good quality suppliers I trust. I have also never been an allergy sufferer and at 70% VG I don’t think this has anything to do with PG allergy. I don’t vape citrus flavours either so I’m pretty confident this problem isn’t down to one of my flavour concentrates so, in my case, nicotine build up seems to be the most likely cause.

Nicotine build up is something I haven’t really seen get enough attention around here. Perhaps that is simply a lack of awareness or it could be that the bad press nicotine gets puts some people off so they prefer to focus too much on other causes like PG allergy. Although PG allergy is at times the root cause of some people’s problems, at others, I think people jump to that conclusion too quickly because they’re too frightened by the anti-vaping lobby to criticise nicotine too heavily.

As a 10 year vaper myself I hate to see vaping being attacked but I also don’t want anyone else who comes here for help with this issue being given bad advice because of any reluctance to say too much that’s critical about nicotine. Hopefully, this will help raise awareness so this sort of nicotine build up will get a bit more attention and also encourage people not to rely too much on talking about PG allergy as a means to avoid criticising nicotine.

i don’t think nicotine builds up, as in accumulate in your lungs and stay there. i believe you breath it in, then breath it out, absorbing some of it in your bloodstream in the process. what might be happening is incremental irritation. but not “nicotine build up”.

actually, i’m going to suggest that if your lungs are sore and burning, and it gets worse the more you puff your vape, it could be that the temperature of the vapour is too high. how much power are you putting into your cloud tank?

I would also note that "food grade" has been mentioned repeatedly. Diacetyl springs to my mind. Just because something is safe to eat doesn't necessarily mean that it's harmless and safe to inhale.

To add to this don't try and inhale Bran Flakes. I did that a few minutes ago when I sucked in a sharp intake of air whilst having a spoonful of Bran Flakes poised to enter the hatch and go down the bomb bay to fight the hunger pangs.

For one they don’t fit up your nose. I’m a big guy, with a nose to match and my nostrils are nowhere near big enough to fit a Bran Flake up there. So mid suction of breath all that happened was a Bran Flake blocked my nostril. I’d call this a disaster averted as if I had blocked both nostrils as opposed to just one I could be in real trouble, but I didn’t I only blocked one. And got my breakfast on my chin.

So I 100% degree with this post. Just because it’s delicious to eat, especially with peanut butter, desiccated coconut , raisins, maple syrup and oat milk, DOES NOT mean you can inhale it. Not at all.

Back
Top Bottom