What's new

Is this normal?

I think I've cracked it. I used more cotton and re-checked for hot spots. It's making vapour like a power station cooling tower now!

I think I've cracked it. I used more cotton and re-checked for hot spots. It's making vapour like a power station cooling tower now!

I'm glad it seems to be sorted. I had a look at your photo, and the coil leg on the right doesn't look clamped properly - it should be clamped against the wall by the end of the screw, not trapped between the screw and the side wall. See how it has twisted one of the legs sideways compared to the other. If you have any more issues, maybe try removing the coil, straightening that leg, and reclamping.

Clipboard01.jpg

I'm glad it seems to be sorted. I had a look at your photo, and the coil leg on the right doesn't look clamped properly - it should be clamped against the wall by the end of the screw, not trapped between the screw and the side wall. See how it has twisted one of the legs sideways compared to the other. If you have any more issues, maybe try removing the coil, straightening that leg, and reclamping.

View attachment 283671

Ahh, right. I see now, thank you. So it's possible the mis-alignment of the coil in the screw post wasn't conducting current properly?
I read the review for the Fat Rabbit Solo on the review section of this site and the reviewer recommended having the wick bulging out of the coil a bit more so I copied that the best I could and its working like a dream now. I kind of wish I hadn't used the lesser tasting juice I've got as a sacrificial juice in case I got it wrong again :18:

Back
Top Bottom