What's new

Kayfun lite is (no longer) crap *fixed

I love my Kayfuns and I don't care about the date it was made it still outperforms most if not all of them.

Maybe raise the coil slightly, don't thin the cotton, cut it so it's above the oring just below the deck and get a screwdriver and gently tuck it in. Set your airflow and then leave it.

A4EFF3E7-7729-4511-998B-563666AC9E0B.jpeg
I lift my coil about 1-2mm above the air hole and make sure the coil is wider than the centre piece so the wick has no chance to weep into the air hole.

I’m using 2mm ID coil and rake the wicks a little before tucking them into the wells, 70/30 juice with the extension tank for larger juice capacity, which also puts more gravity on the juice wells.
I carry this around in my pocket all day without fear of it leaking.
Cotton is cut so it’s just seated on the base of the coil head.

Persevere and it will be worth it.

Good luck

I've got five clones of the KF in 22 and 24 guises, since the 2019 came out, upgraded the decks to the 2021 and then replaced the 510's for the plus and I think they're awesome. If it's flooding and you've got plenty cotton in already, try lifting the coil a smidge.

Thanks for this, lifting the coil has made a difference. I unceremoniously jammed a screwdriver in there and just gave the whole build a yank upwards and it’s vaping better now. My coil was maybe 1.5mm away from the airflow, I think it needs to be a little higher than that. Lowered the wattage a bit too, the build in there is a 0.5ohm clapton at 14w.

Just put in a new build, more cotton, higher coil, everything tightened down, no change. it still sounds like Donald Duck being choked and still tastes like crap. The only thing I haven’t tried is to change the plastic airflow thing for one of the spares, otherwise I’m out of options.

Try dumping the Clapton and trying a simple round wire coil, very little if anything to be gained with Clapton’s for Mtl, IMO.

maybe it’s just not for you @qbass00 . to be honest i didn’t think it was great either. it’s a bit noisy and the airflow seems a bit hollow, if you get what i mean. i also found it a bit fussy and it tends to gurgle if you tighten the airflow too much.

it may be that you puff to hard. i’m sure that’s why i don’t get on with certain tanks that other folk seem to love.

I had clones rather than originals but I wasn't fussed either. Flavour was too harsh on fruits, and I had lots of gurgling too.

Quick update, I swapped out the airflow pin and lo and behold, it’s vaping absolutely fine. I have no idea what I did to the other one, but I reckon it was a slightly dodgy fit. Keeping fingers crossed it will stay ok when I refill it..

I've got 2 kayfuns 2019 with the metal airflow pins both a 22mm and 24mm. They're the only two tanks I have and use daily. Simple kanthal single wire 2.5mm coils at about .8ohms. I love them.

maybe it’s just not for you @qbass00 . to be honest i didn’t think it was great either. it’s a bit noisy and the airflow seems a bit hollow, if you get what i mean. i also found it a bit fussy and it tends to gurgle if you tighten the airflow too much.

it may be that you puff to hard. i’m sure that’s why i don’t get on with certain tanks that other folk seem to love.

wicked properly, it doesnt leak, no condensation. the whistling was my only gripe with this before. lifting the coil as suggested solved the issue for me.

Back
Top Bottom