What's new

Know nothing about pods - help!

Daft Vaper

Postman
Please don’t read my steamcrave post it’s embarrassing for me and for Vape Club (I hear Argos sell vape stuff now so go there if you need advice rather than Vape Club)

anyway to the point - I want to get a pod device for my hols. For info I vape at around 40w using a steamcrave with airflow fully open and would like to have a pod that gets close to this that’s either powered by a 21700 or an 18650 (I can unpair some). Nice to haves but not a show stopper would be a larger tank and a rebuildable option

I can’t pretend I know anything about these but guess you guys do, thanks in advance

Please don’t read my steamcrave post it’s embarrassing for me and for Vape Club (I hear Argos sell vape stuff now so go there if you need advice rather than Vape Club)

anyway to the point - I want to get a pod device for my hols. For info I vape at around 40w using a steamcrave with airflow fully open and would like to have a pod that gets close to this that’s either powered by a 21700 or an 18650 (I can unpair some). Nice to haves but not a show stopper would be a larger tank and a rebuildable option

I can’t pretend I know anything about these but guess you guys do, thanks in advance

Pods to my knowledge don't do that crazy shit.....they are wee pods, with wee batteries...best I can think of is the vaporesso max xr, you will get the vape n watts, but not the battery life or rebuildable ...something has to give.

I'm not a pod fan or user, but I've heard great things about the geekvape aegis boost I think there called. External batter I believe (don't hold me to that) and you can get a rebuildable rba for it too.

When you say pod device, most people here assume you’re talking about small internal battery devices. Yet you say that you want a device with an external battery. So if I understand correctly, you want one of the larger pod-mods, and there are literally dozens to choose from, and all of them will meet your needs. Imo, the most important thing you should consider are which stock coils you’d like to use. Geekvape, Oxva, and Voopoo (and a few others) all make excellent coils that are readily available and will meet your vaping requirements. They also all make pod-mods for both 18650s and 21700s, and the quality is about the same. Voopoo and Lost Vape make a pod-tank for their coils with a 510 connector so it can be used on any mod. Others will probably recommend different brands, as well. It’s pretty much form factor after that :18:

Did I understand you correctly? Voopoo also makes a rebuildable pnp coil and Oxva a Unicoil. And a word to the wise…every pod-mod I’ve owned has leaked or had lots of condensation :17:

Last edited:
If you can get one, the Aspire Nautilus Prime X may be a contender with the BP pods and BP coils. External battery, fires up to 60w, good airflow control, solid mod, and in my experience (albeit using the MTL pod) leak-free but with a small amount of condensation. Both pods have a TPD bung but it can be removed.

just dont buy the Drag x pod mod pile of shite & leaks like an incontinent oap.

When you say pod device, most people here assume you’re talking about small internal battery devices. Yet you say that you want a device with an external battery. So if I understand correctly, you want one of the larger pod-mods, and there are literally dozens to choose from, and all of them will meet your needs. Imo, the most important thing you should consider are which stock coils you’d like to use. Geekvape, Oxva, and Voopoo (and a few others) all make excellent coils that are readily available and will meet your vaping requirements. They also all make pod-mods for both 18650s and 21700s, and the quality is about the same. Voopoo and Lost Vape make a pod-tank for their coils with a 510 connector so it can be used on any mod. Others will probably recommend different brands, as well. It’s pretty much form factor after that :18:

Did I understand you correctly? Voopoo also makes a rebuildable pnp coil and Oxva a Unicoil. And a word to the wise…every pod-mod I’ve owned has leaked or had lots of condensation :17:
That’s good advice re the leaks - more than put me off. I only mentioned battery because if I am out all day and drop charge I can replace a battery but may not be able to charge

Back
Top Bottom