What's new

Lockdown Extension

Hmm, possibly, but this is the government isn't it.
I thought the announcement of the lockdown was done wrong. Coming on the tv and saying as of now etc etc. What if people weren't watching the tv and whatnot. Should have foreseen it and announced it on Saturday and said as of Monday.....
Hindsight isn't it......

The Italians gave a few days notice of their restrictions.
It resulted in thousands traveling from the highly infected north to the less infected south causing the virus to spread to new areas/

If you use the figures published by the press, possibly. But official figures are so unreliable as to be close to fiction. The infection rate in the UK is massively higher than Johnson's gov will admit. There's a whole thread about it on here.
It's either incompetence or misinformation. Neither is good for this country.
Of course official figures don't show the true infected number. 67million people would need testing & even then that would only show who was/wasn't on that day.

I'm putting my guess in for June.

I believe Nicola Sturgeon has mentione three months of restrictions as a possibility.

I think before then the economic costs of the lockdown will be moving up in the governments and the voters consciousness and they will be wanting some industries back working.

Perhaps there will be more sector by sector and region by region controls by then.

Last edited:
Spoke to someone I know who works in the hated Universal Credits division of government and they're talking about end of May..

All we really know is it's a moving target which doesn't really give us anything to aim for.

another 3-6 months i reckon unless ppl start sticking to the lockdown rules :( if they dont fucking shoot em :D

I personally think that we should have at least another 3 weeks and review from there. But I also think that the economy of the country is going to play a major role in the date that things begin to ease.

I think today will be a test as we are expecting the Weather to be good / sunny and around 20c, I hope people will adhere to staying safe but reality could well be another thing ...

Back
Top Bottom