What's new

Making smooth eliquid

GrimJim

Postman
Hi there!
I'm hoping someone out there can help clear a couple things up for me.
I have never made my own liquids but I am thinking of giving it a try to save some money.
I have tried thousands of liquids in the past and find that some are really harsh and make me a bit wheezie. So obviously I try to stick with the liquids I know don't do that to me.
( I'd also be interested to know if anyone else experiences this.)
We're talking high vg liquids here by the way. Like 70/30 or 80/20 and 3mg nic.

So my question is, how can I make sure to make nice smooth liquids?
Now I'm guessing that the number one thing is to make sure I use a 100% vg Nicotine, but I've tried a liquid once that was made with 100% vg Nicotine and I still found it too harsh.
So is there a good and bad quality of nicotine?
Or anything else I need to consider?

I don't know the ins and outs about mixing liquids yet, I still need to look in to it but this is my number one concern.
I would quite happily stick with the liquids I've been using but I really wanna stop spending so much as I go through a lot!

Anyways.. Thanks a lot in advance people

Grim

Last edited:
first off you cant buy 100% nic in uk this was illegal even before the tpd was dropped 72% was max.
legally you can only buy 20% nic now.
but this wont effect your smooth eliquid its about balancing your flavours.
I would suggest go to chefs flavours get some one shot samples find what you like and go from there.

i use a cowboys spit bucket for my nicotine now due to tpd
its not as smooth as the old 72 mg nic i used to get but a hell of a lot stronger then the 20mg available now :ape:

Last edited:
first off you cant buy 100% nic in uk this was illegal even before the tpd was dropped 72% was max.
I would suggest go to chefs flavours get some one shot samples find what you like and go from there.
Thanks. I was actually meaning 100% *VG* Nicotine, rather than one containing pg

I will check out chef's flavours :)

You missed out a point in your numbers.
The old limit for nic was 7.2% or 72mg
The new limit is 2% or 20mg

Hi there!
I'm hoping someone out there can help clear a couple things up for me.
I have never made my own liquids but I am thinking of giving it a try to save some money.
I have tried thousands of liquids in the past and find that some are really harsh and make me a bit wheezie. So obviously I try to stick with the liquids I know don't do that to me.
( I'd also be interested to know if anyone else experiences this.)
We're talking high vg liquids here by the way. Like 70/30 or 80/20 and 3mg nic.
I find this too @GrimJim and have definitely tracked it down to PG sensitivity/intolerance/allergy. I can only tolerate a maximum of 85/15 before I start to get the symptoms you're talking about -- and that's after taking a daily antihistamine!
So my question is, how can I make sure to make nice smooth liquids?
Now I'm guessing that the number one thing is to make sure I use a 100% vg Nicotine, but I've tried a liquid once that was made with 100% vg Nicotine and I still found it too harsh.
So is there a good and bad quality of nicotine?
Or anything else I need to consider?
Remember also that flavourings usually come in PG but there are some available in a VG or alcohol base...there's a thread started by @jay2 giving details of suppliers, I'll see if I can find the link for you. Edit: here you go: https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/143606/
You could mix a juice with just VG ingredients, but unless you use a dripper you might need to add up to 10% distilled water to make it thin enough to wick in tanks and clearo's; you can also buy Aqueous Glycerine - which is the name used if it's been premixed - but it's more expensive than buying the two separate ingredients.
I don't know the ins and outs about mixing liquids yet, I still need to look in to it but this is my number one concern.
I would quite happily stick with the liquids I've been using but I really wanna stop spending so much as I go through a lot!

Anyways.. Thanks a lot in advance people

Grim
You will save a fortune if you start to mix your own liquids, and you'll be able to tailor then to exactly how you like them...eventually! It can be a long process getting everything just right, but it's worth it in the end [emoji2]

All the best! [emoji106]

Last edited:
I find this too @GrimJim and have definitely tracked it down to PG sensitivity/intolerance/allergy. I can only tolerate a maximum of 85/15 before I start to get the symptoms you're talking about -- and that's after taking a daily antihistamine!

Remember also that flavourings usually come in PG but there are some available in a VG or alcohol base...there's a thread started by @jay2 giving details of suppliers, I'll see if I can find the link for you.
You could mix a juice with just VG ingredients, but unless you use a dripper you might need to add up to 10% distilled water to make it thin enough to wick in tanks and clearo's; you can also buy Aqueous Glycerine - which is the name used if it's been premixed - but it's more expensive than buying the two separate ingredients.

You will save a fortune if you start to mix your own liquids, and you'll be able to tailor then to exactly how you like them...eventually! It can be a long process getting everything just right, but it's worth it in the end [emoji2]

All the best! [emoji106]
Thanks a lot. I didn't even think about the pg or VG of the flavours.
My first thought was that it was pg but I always buy 70/30 and 80/20 liquids and most are fine, it's just some really are not [emoji53]
Also, yeah I do drip 99% of the time

Last edited:
Pocket fuel is a good example, if anyone's ever tried it. It's expensive and I only buy it in an emergency because they sell it at an all night garage near me. Not bad flavours but so dam harsh and it's a 70/30 just like the liquids I usually buy

Also look out for recipes that - although they use PG flavouring - use a lower percentage @GrimJim.

There are a few companies that produce flavours that only need single figure percentages as they are super-concentrated. Off the top of my head Inawera, FlavourArt and Real Flavours do but there are others if you're prepared to do a bit of Google Fu! [emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom