What's new

Making the News again.

One of the big questions is would people prefer their kids smoking or vaping I know what I’d prefer.

Nothing new really we were smoking when we were 12 to 13 years old, nothing to be proud of though, loads of our generation were smoking it’s different generations trying out the latest craze.

One of the big questions is would people prefer their kids smoking or vaping I know what I’d prefer.

aye i get your point on both things but it’s a different era. teenage smoking has dropped a lot
over the last decade and i guess the thinking is that the teenage vapers would likely not be smoking anyway because it has been demonised so much and is no longer the cool pastime it was when we were nippers.

Agree 100% mate. I've said this many times. Everyone knows the effect smoking has on the human body and how addictive they are, NOT soley because of the nicotine but the combination of the other chemicals.
I couldn't go an hour without having a fag without feeling anxious. I'm happy vaping zero nic ejuice for weeks if I have to, nicotine is nowhere near addictive on it's own in e juice.
As for the common statement we dont have enough data about the effects of vaping, that's utter bollocks.

aye i get your point on both things but it’s a different era. teenage smoking has dropped a lot
over the last decade and i guess the thinking is that the teenage vapers would likely not be smoking anyway because it has been demonised so much and is no longer the cool pastime it was when we were nippers.
I agree to a point but smoking is still out there so could end up smoking if not for vapes.

I agree to a point but smoking is still out there so could end up smoking if not for vapes.

i’m theory it could but incrementally things are done to make smoking less and less appealing. a fag costs almost a pound. packets are grey with big pictures of diseased lungs and dead people on the front. it’s very unlikely youngsters will flock to smoking fags. it’s probably unlikely that teenage vapers will start smoking but also obvious that the temperance society types will jump on this. there’s also other risks from nicotine specific to youngsters.

I see loads of them dumped in the street. And I see plenty of young people using them, some only kids (12-14) who think they look edgy - just like I did with cigs 30 years ago. I honestly think they’ve got to ban the disposables.

i think it is easy to see this from a very blinkered perspective. but surely it’s obvious that there would be an outcry about teenagers getting addicted to anything, if you take a step back and think about it objectively?

Err no... the youth have been experimenting with things forever.. and some of those things, some peeps will end up addicted to.. that's life.

Err no... the youth have been experimenting with things forever.. and some of those things, some peeps will end up addicted to.. that's life.

it might seem like that to us because it was us when we were youths. but it’s only a segment of the youth. and it’s still going to be frowned upon by society and the state. this is obvious.

it might seem like that to us because it was us when we were youths. but it’s only a segment of the youth. and it’s still going to be frowned upon by society and the state. this is obvious.

The only way it is obvious is via an incorrect equation recently...

Brief Timeline
Smoking is generally accepted by society
=> less accepted by society due to medical evidence that smoking is progressively bad for your health and large chance of killing you
=> smoking banned indoors in public places due to passive smoking, and those that don't smoke being intolerant of those that do
=> (where we are now) an alternative to smoking, although considered to be at least 95% less harmful, there is still media hysteria about youth vaping, possibly more hysterical than was once about youth smoking...
This equates to a stigmatisation of nicotine itself (although nicotine being relatively benign).

The only way it is obvious is via an incorrect equation recently...

Brief Timeline
Smoking is generally accepted by society
=> less accepted by society due to medical evidence that smoking is progressively bad for your health and large chance of killing you
=> smoking banned indoors in public places due to passive smoking, and those that don't smoke being intolerant of those that do
=> (where we are now) an alternative to smoking, although considered to be at least 95% less harmful, there is still media hysteria about youth vaping, possibly more hysterical than was once about youth smoking...
This equates to a stigmatisation of nicotine itself (although nicotine being relatively benign).

no, it’s not obvious because of an “incorrect equation”. it’s obvious because we live in a type of society that thinks children shouldn’t be getting addicted to psychoactive stuff. whether you or i agree with this or not is irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom