What's new

Mech Mod - Should I?

Personally I don't think an 18650 mech can be beaten for size/battery longevity/price. You can get much longer lasting boxmods but the trade off is that they are bigger and more expensive. They are safer too, but with a good understanding battery safety the risks of a mech are negligible imo. Grab a smpl clone from Fasttech and see if it floats your boat :)

viper I know you've obviously vaped before, however something I dont see has been mentioned or asked...

You do know regards to battery safety / ohms law ect?

As a mech is totally mechanical, it has no safety features built in. I highly doubt you don't know what you're doing but seeing as its the first mech, its always worth asking :)

viper I know you've obviously vaped before, however something I dont see has been mentioned or asked...

You do know regards to battery safety / ohms law ect?

As a mech is totally mechanical, it has no safety features built in. I highly doubt you don't know what you're doing but seeing as its the first mech, its always worth asking :)

You are right, yeah that's one thing that worried me about buying a mech is the safety cause there won't be anything to tell me what level I'm at with the battery or what if something else happens etc.

I don't know much about the ohm law etc. I mean I have looked into articles about them but have forgotton lol As for battery safety, I use genuine sony/efest/Samsung batteries and have a nitecore charger, v4 I think. I tend to take the batteries out when they are at half way level then stick them on charge.
I also tend to ease off when the atty gets way too hot. For that I have ordered some heatsinks, so will see how they are.

So should I not get a mech mod now? lol

You are right, yeah that's one thing that worried me about buying a mech is the safety cause there won't be anything to tell me what level I'm at with the battery or what if something else happens etc.

I don't know much about the ohm law etc. I mean I have looked into articles about them but have forgotton lol As for battery safety, I use genuine sony/efest/Samsung batteries and have a nitecore charger, v4 I think. I tend to take the batteries out when they are at half way level then stick them on charge.
I also tend to ease off when the atty gets way too hot. For that I have ordered some heatsinks, so will see how they are.

So should I not get a mech mod now? lol

Oh no, you should certainly get a mech mod. I mean everyone who's ever bought there first also had to learn :)

It's not as hard as it sounds honestly!!

As long as you know:-
1. The safe limit amperage of your cells
2. The amp draw of your build
3. Ohms law

You're pretty much safe to go :), you'll know when your batteries get low as the vape will considerably drop off when they do get low.

Honestly don't let it scare you, the only reason I ask is on social media I see daily is a 0.05 build ok to run on my mech?

Well if you have to ask... Then you shouldn't be going anywhere near a mech nor that low. :)

Oh no, you should certainly get a mech mod. I mean everyone who's ever bought there first also had to learn :)

It's not as hard as it sounds honestly!!

As long as you know:-
1. The safe limit amperage of your cells
2. The amp draw of your build
3. Ohms law

You're pretty much safe to go :), you'll know when your batteries get low as the vape will considerably drop off when they do get low.

Honestly don't let it scare you, the only reason I ask is on social media I see daily is a 0.05 build ok to run on my mech?

Well if you have to ask... Then you shouldn't be going anywhere near a mech nor that low. :)

I am actually happy with builds anywhere between 0.2-0.8ohm. But if I do get a mech then I know I will definitely be trying out even lower resistance builds such as 0.05 etc and maybe that might become my new preference.

I don't remember much about ohm's law but would I be okay if I just change the battery when I sense its low? I can already tell when its low on my current mod without looking at the screen as I notice the vape isn't as intense and battery starts to get hotter which are the 2 main signs for me.

Personally I don't think an 18650 mech can be beaten for size/battery longevity/price. You can get much longer lasting boxmods but the trade off is that they are bigger and more expensive. They are safer too, but with a good understanding battery safety the risks of a mech are negligible imo. Grab a smpl clone from Fasttech and see if it floats your boat :)

theres quite a few smpl mechs listed, which one should I go for?

https://www.fasttech.com/search?smpl

I am actually happy with builds anywhere between 0.2-0.8ohm. But if I do get a mech then I know I will definitely be trying out even lower resistance builds such as 0.05 etc and maybe that might become my new preference.

I don't remember much about ohm's law but would I be okay if I just change the battery when I sense its low? I can already tell when its low on my current mod without looking at the screen as I notice the vape isn't as intense and battery starts to get hotter which are the 2 main signs for me.

Right...

First of all a 0.2-0.8ohm build on a regulated device vs a mech.

It's 2 ball games, on a regulated device you set wattage. On a mech, it is what it is 0.2ohms with voltage drop is around 70W...

A 0.2ohms on regulated could be 10w or 200w.

Secondly 0.05 ohms on a mech mod with a single cell simply is not safe IMO.

Right...

First of all a 0.2-0.8ohm build on a regulated device vs a mech.

It's 2 ball games, on a regulated device you set wattage. On a mech, it is what it is 0.2ohms with voltage drop is around 70W...

A 0.2ohms on regulated could be 10w or 200w.

Secondly 0.05 ohms on a mech mod with a single cell simply is not safe IMO.

so your saying that the mech mod automatically sets the Wattage according to what the build is?
All my builds are dual coil builds now, I prefer them over single coil.

so your saying that the mech mod automatically sets the Wattage according to what the build is?
All my builds are dual coil builds now, I prefer them over single coil.

Yes the mech mod is fully mechanical.

The wattage is pre determined by

Your voltage of the battery and the ohms of your coils.

With you current level of knowledge, no, don't get a mech. Stick regulated until you know what ohms law is, and how to RESPECT a mechanical mod.
With a regulated mod, if something goes wrong, it will cut out. On a mech, that wont happen. Instead you will end up with a fucking hot hand and a venting battery.
So yeah, don't get one straight away. If you REALLY want to, do NOT go for a hybrid as they're animals when you fuck up (Trust me, I know, I've killed enough for fun)...

So, Get something like a copper Nemesis Clone, upgrade the switch to magnets, and run samsung 25r's for the first few weeks until you get used to it. Then, look at upgrading to something a bit more expensive.

Or, if you wanna be like the rest of the pricks that jump straight into it, get a 4nine and a subtank (No, seriously, don't do this...)

Back
Top Bottom