What's new

Mech Mod - Should I?

Mech mods

The thing with mech mods is that you dictate the type of vape you get with the type of coil you use, that's really the only control you have . I have a 100w box mod where you can change the wattage and voltage and therefore change the flavor and vapor production at the touch of a button, which is great................................however, I still prefer my mech mod for blowing clouds, it just seems more satisfying somehow. It's like a box mod or similar is like a Ferrari, high performance and lots of electrical gadgets. The mech mod is like a V8 muscle car.

So yeah, don't get one straight away. If you REALLY want to, do NOT go for a hybrid as they're animals when you fuck up (Trust me, I know, I've killed enough for fun)...

Yup ^

I knew how to handle a mech, but a hybrid was something else. I still recall the red hot burning bastard as I launched it out the window dancing around with burnt hands.

Issue is and no offence to the OP at all! The market changes, 7-8 months ago it was totally mech, then outcame regulated devices...

Imo not a bad thing, however when you wish to turn regulated to mechanical. You REALLY do need to start relearning safety. Regulated and mechanical are both great, but 2 complete different things.

Alot of regulated users are turning there hands to mechs, but just thinking well I normally vape a 0.1 ohm build on my sig 150w so I can on a hybrid mech. Not really, and please Viper don't feel we are having ago at yourself, its your safety we have in mind.

Peace and love.

I'd not recommend a SMPL mod I'd go for a nemesis clone as a starter mod from Fasttech for about a tenner.
nemi's are wonderfully simple in their construction and you then have the choice of 18650/18500/18350 sizes/batteries.

I have this one and it's just about perfect. sku; 1700802

Just my opinion as I have both nemi's and SMPL's

If I was you, I'd do exactly what I did when I moved from an ego & ce4.

I'd ask a few questions here, I'd go away order myself a setup from China and whilst awaiting its arrival a good 10-14 days I'd read up as much as I could on mechs, I'd ask as many questions as possible if they weren't already covered.

No offence intended, you're moving from regulated to mechanical. Human nature just sees 2 items from the same industry that does the same thing, it doesn't think they're 2 different things.

thanks again to everyone for all the replies :)

Thank you for highlighting the safety issue. Seems like I need to do a course oh Ohm's law or become an electrician lol
I will have another read again to refresh my memory. I've not taken any offence at anyones replies, every reply has had good advice and information, so I am grateful.

As for hot hands, I've had that before even on the ipv sometimes when I chain vape like a nutter, I mean the whole side of the shell gets really hot esp if I am to chain vape on a higher wattage setting say above 40W.

Hmm I like the idea of a mech as a backup and always being able to fire up incase my regulated dies. What is the general lifespan of regulated mods, does anyone know or had any bad experiences?

I'd not recommend a SMPL mod I'd go for a nemesis clone as a starter mod from Fasttech for about a tenner.
nemi's are wonderfully simple in their construction and you then have the choice of 18650/18500/18350 sizes/batteries.

I have this one and it's just about perfect. sku; 1700802

Just my opinion as I have both nemi's and SMPL's

looks amazing! And it even has an air flow ring? lol I love air flow stuff, its always an added bonus on tanks, drippers etc.

I'm reading the reviews and someone has mentioned they ordered magnets as well for it, think he meant for the firing button. Is that easy to do myself and which magnets do I need?

Oh, and upgrading to magnets, 2 min job, easy to do. I think I searched YouTube for 'nemesis magnet upgrade' for a good short vid. [emoji2]

While all these guys are right about not getting a hybrid, the other end of a Nemesis can be just as dangerous with its non-recessed switch.

The FM, Glas, Corsair and God of War are all nice mods at FT that are safer at both ends.

These magnets!
NdFeB ring magnets for the Nemesis, Nemesis Clones, Clone v1 & Rai Vapes Launcher V2
I don't have many mechs, but love the nemesis clone that j have. If you are using good quality batteries that are in good condition and fully charged, then vaping down to 0.5ohm shouldn't be an issue.

Gotta start somewhere, just don't start at crazy low ohms! [emoji12]

already tred 0.2, 0.3, 0.5 lol so with the mech ill have to into the 0.08 region and work my way down :D

I found these magnets, will these do or are the ones you mentioned better quality? As these ones I have read that they are weak but other than that good and people used 2 or 3 , although lot of people recommended using 3 so it doesn't autofire whilst standing on a table.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3023/10005475/1558901

Back
Top Bottom