What's new

memzey's mixes

memzey

Postman
Hi Apes,

As per this thread on vaping boredom and general quietness around these parts, I thought I'd share the recipes I've developed and enjoyed during my adventures in mixing so far. I don't do this for a living and only mix for myself and friends/family but have managed to cobble together a few very vapable juices along the way. I intend to update this thread with new recipes as they are finished and hope this sparks some interest and debate in the POTV mixing scene.

Off we go!

First up "Club Tropicana v11" (yes v11 - it took a while to get it as I wanted). This reminds me of the tropical juice drink my mum used to get from Sainsbury's back when I was a kid in the 80's (hence the 80's themed name). It's sweet, bright, juicy and has a dollop of tropical funkiness right in the middle. Needs no steeping and works straight from the shake:
jsgLAMV.png

Next up, my interpretation of "Butterscotch Coffee". I'm a bit of a coffee head and vaped coffee flavours probably 80% of my first year off the stinkies. I've got a number of coffee recipes in (seemingly) perpetual development but this one is definitely ready to share. I mixed it for a friend who loves the profile and can no longer get her preferred premium commercial mix. It works great but benefits from a bit of a steep. I leave this one for three weeks post-mix before I deem it ready:
qWyd6ip.png

@Simon G , @ForestMagpie , @Smokeandsteam

This one could prove to be a bit divisive; It has a nice, well rounded flavour and great mouthfeel but is cinnamon forward which can put some people off. Cinnamon in a vape is either your cup of tea or it isn't. Needs about 2 weeks steeping before it's ready to vape.
pnr0jFO.png

@Simon G

Recipes don't need loads of flavours and complexity to work really well. This Lime-Aid has only 4 flavours and less than 7% total concentrate. It can be vaped straight off the shake but I think it's a bit smoother with an overnight steep. It's really refreshing and yet sweet. I'll happily vape this for hours at a time without getting fed up.
XQ8bcUl.png

@ForestMagpie

For the first year or so of my vaping I was entirely uninspired by the prospect of fruits. I mean, who wants to walk around town leaving a waft of vimto everywhere they've been, right? Then when I got into mixing and encountered the unavoidable ball ache of steep times I looked again and discovered what I'd been missing. This recipe is a dark fruit medley that reminds me of picking berries in the Epping forest as a kid and is good to go straight off the shake.
ihUH2vd.png

Another quick and simple mix. This one is the lemon counterpart to lime-aid above and is a really refreshing vape that my wife and I particularly enjoyed over the summer. It has to be mixed in small batches though as the lemon note will fade over time.
WvPt7I9.png

@ForestMagpie

Nice one @memzey - thanks for posting these up. I’m going to stick an order in and try making the first two flavours you’ve posted up here. Hopefully, they’ll be as good as they sound, although my track record as a mixer is erm...mixed!

Banana Custard (every DIY mixer has a banana custard recipe right?). I got this one where I wanted it just over a month ago. After vaping 300mls of it straight I needed to take a break! Strikes me as something I'll pick up again during Christmas as it's a kind of comfort-vape equivalent to comfort-food. Needs three weeks to steep but is well worth it.
MxzulKv.png

Nice one @memzey - thanks for posting these up. I’m going to stick an order in and try making the first two flavours you’ve posted up here. Hopefully, they’ll be as good as they sound, although my track record as a mixer is erm...mixed!
lol! Even if my own recipes aren't that good, I can assure you it's no fault of the ingredients. All the concentrates in Club Tropicana and Butterscotch Coffee are top notch. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom