What's new

memzey's mixes

fans of inawera tobaccos should try this one: 2% dark for pipe, 2% of any of their tobacco absolutes (oriental in the one i have going) and 0.5 or 1% cavendish. it’s quite pipeish.

upload_2020-10-27_15-59-30.jpeg

Time to give some of @memzey mixes a go. I’ll let you know how I get on

View attachment 231007

Time to give some of @memzey mixes a go. I’ll let you know how I get on
Go on @Smokeandsteam ! Club Tropicana and Berry Bonanza are good straight off the shake so you should get a sense of what they are like without much delay. Did you pick up a set of scales in the end or are you using the syringes still? You might be better than me but I could never get on with syringes.

Nice! You might find that scale is less useful for smaller batches if it does measure in graduations of 0.1g as the label suggests. I have a very similar looking one but mine only goes up to 500g and reads in graduations of 0.01g. I think I posted a link to it on p2 of this thread. It's by no means perfect but it does the job and is cheap. Let us know how you get on!

Nice! You might find that scale is less useful for smaller batches if it does measure in graduations of 0.1g as the label suggests. I have a very similar looking one but mine only goes up to 500g and reads in graduations of 0.01g. I think I posted a link to it on p2 of this thread. It's by no means perfect but it does the job and is cheap. Let us know how you get on!

Ive made up 4 bottles. Two 50ml (the Berry Bonanza and also a Lemon Ice). I’ve also made up two 10ml (Club Tropicana and my coconut/lime/berry). In the latter case I used the syringe as the scales were hopeless (as were my attempts to mix in the right amount).

All 4 batches are now in the cupboard and enjoying a steep.

Good stuff. As long as you gave them a very thorough shake, the berry bonanza and club Tropicana should be good to go without much of a steep.

On the scales; I’d return them and get a set that read down to 0.01g if I were you, as long as you can get the refund. Much more useful in my experience. Also cheap and come the next day if ordered from prime.

Good stuff. As long as you gave them a very thorough shake, the berry bonanza and club Tropicana should be good to go without much of a steep.

On the scales; I’d return them and get a set that read down to 0.01g if I were you, as long as you can get the refund. Much more useful in my experience. Also cheap and come the next day if ordered from prime.

Yes. Those are going to be the first batch to be given a vape.

The scales are bang on for the larger volume mixes. In the scales my wife has reminded me that she’s got a professional cooking scale which reads down to 0.01g. That not only tells you how much cooking I do but is an option for smaller batch mixes.

I'm going to ask here as this thread is moving. I am looking make up a deep blackcurrant cream/cheesecake. Has anyone got a decent recipe? I can no doubt find one using google but the group/hive mind here is offering better advice I reckon. I've searched the recipes on the POTV site and they are a bit meh. Advice please mixologists!

I'm going to ask here as this thread is moving. I am looking make up a deep blackcurrant cream/cheesecake. Has anyone got a decent recipe? I can no doubt find one using google but the group/hive mind here is offering better advice I reckon. I've searched the recipes on the POTV site and they are a bit meh. Advice please mixologists!

it might not be too useful to you but i have a bottle on the go with FA black currant, yoghurt and fresh cream. it is excellent. you could add some mozzarella and cookie.

it’s at 2% 1% 2%.

Back
Top Bottom