What's new

Need suggestions for my vape shop i am opening

I'm late to the game and didn't see the original post but there seems be a theme going on here. That the OP should do his 'market research' before coming on here and asking us lot. Hmm.

I've been a vaper for nearly 6 years. I've seen the market grow, develop, change. I've seen crappy new products. I've seen really good new innovative products. I've witnessed overblown hype and I've seen decent gear go under the radar. I've seen gear become incredibly popular almost overnight. I've seen the same gear roundly dissed the following week. I've seen trends come and go. I've seen trends polarise the community and create ridiculous divisions where there should be none. Styles of vaping change. It is a market unlike any other in many ways.

I could go on..

I know nothing of the OP. I don't know how long he has been a vaper or have any idea of his experience of what's out there at the moment. I DO know that even with my experience it isn't always easy (or in my case even necessary) to keep up with what is popular.

Now. How would I go about doing some market research? Well. I know. How about joining one of the biggest vaping forums in the UK and putting it out there? Ask my potential clientele. The forum may or may not be representative of my likely customers on the high street but it may give me an idea. It shouldn't be my only source of information but it can be part of it.

As I said... I didn't see the OP so can't comment on it's wording. Maybe it was clumsy. I don't know. But market research can easily include asking for help and opinions here. In my view ;)

In a world where regulations may strip everything from vaping.. I don't see why discouraging anyone from opening a b&m is "for vaping" at all. Keep waiting on gearbest and fasttech ... that's the market you are promoting by flaming.

Do I want to get involved in this thread? Not sure really! Ah well, my two cents.

I did read the original OP, and I did feel the responses were quite strong. If a new vaper came on the forum and asked for tank or mod or juice recommendations (and those are daily questions), they aren't told to go and do their market research and come back with a sensible question. The same advice is patiently repeated for them. One of the things I love about this forum is that I've asked questions only to find I'm repeating something that may have been asked a week ago, but have never been told to go search the forums properly.

I chose to read it as asking us what we would like to see stocked in a vape shop. There are already a couple of other live threads discussing what we DON'T like, so if I was ever to open a vape shop, I too would be asking for POTV's input as to what they would like to see...

I mean, if people stopped asking questions, there wouldn't be much left to the forum!

Anyway, hopefully no harm done. Still love this crazy cloudy planet!

Back
Top Bottom