What's new

Need suggestions for my vape shop i am opening

Rightly, or wrongly perhaps, I didn't read the opening post as being a case of "Tell Me What To Stock". Maybe I am in a more relaxed mood than most of my fellow members? Who knows? Who even cares? I am sorry that the forum "police" got on their collective high horses @Rosstheboss :( All too easy to be a Keyboard Warrior behind a monitor and give someone a hard time for having the temerity to make a seemingly innocent enough request.

To be honest, this is not what POTV is all about, or, it isn't what POTV "used" to be all about and I sincerely hope that you'll give us a second chance.

Well put Rob! I wanted to reply yesterday, but I didn't know how to word it without being blunt as fuck.

This guy has hardly asked for people to stock his shop, it's just a general question on what people may feel would be a good trade point. A forum is all about helping fellow members with recommendations, and helping when help can be given.

If the orignal post said ''I don't know what I'm doing, help me stock my shop'', then yes that's a stupid idea and a stupid post. Personally I feel @Rosstheboss, you need to give us a bit more information, do you have any local vape shops near by? Where are you located as previously posted, I.E on the high street, down in a dark alley, ect ect.

Also, you really do need to take some time out and think about what the future holds for vaping, especially vape shops, if you haven't done already. I would hang tight and wait on the verdict before opening shop.

Well put Rob! I wanted to reply yesterday, but I didn't know how to word it without being blunt as fuck.

This guy has hardly asked for people to stock his shop, it's just a general question on what people may feel would be a good trade point. A forum is all about helping fellow members with recommendations, and helping when help can be given.

If the orignal post said ''I don't know what I'm doing, help me stock my shop'', then yes that's a stupid idea and a stupid post. Personally I feel @Rosstheboss, you need to give us a bit more information, do you have any local vape shops near by? Where are you located as previously posted, I.E on the high street, down in a dark alley, ect ect.

Also, you really do need to take some time out and think about what the future holds for vaping, especially vape shops, if you haven't done already. I would hang tight and wait on the verdict before opening shop.

You missed the original post.

Ross asked "What should I stock, from mods to juices."

If people just look back on this thread now they're going to say "Oh the response was too strong that's not what POTV is all about etc etc" but actually the first post was a direct TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO STOCK. Which absolutely, 100% warranted the response it got.

The members who commented on that shouldn't now be frowned upon because he's changed the original post.

Fair Play, I only saw the edited version.:doh: But I still stand by my comment about Keyboard Warriors. Who awarded the Poor Sod 2 Troll Badges? Hardly called for was it? YES, I have removed them.
It's this whole attitude that has been displayed so much recently that makes me begin to seriously consider my future involvement here. Manners, a little consideration and politeness cost nothing, but seemingly that is a price far to high for many.

Fair Play, I only saw the edited version.:doh: But I still stand by my comment about Keyboard Warriors. Who awarded the Poor Sod 2 Troll Badges? Hardly called for was it? YES, I have removed them.
It's this whole attitude that has been displayed so much recently that makes me begin to seriously consider my future involvement here. Manners, a little consideration and politeness cost nothing, but seemingly that is a price far to high for many.

Obviously this is part of something bigger for you @Rob but if you missed the original post it's hard to look back now and see why those responses were added.

If someone comes here asking what to stock in their shop I would rather type a strong response to make them think twice rather than chuck their savings/loans/house at a business just to fail. There's no reason we need to pander to a request to stock his potential shop, I'm more than happy to help anyone on this forum but sometimes that means giving them what they want to hear.

You missed the original post.

Ross asked "What should I stock, from mods to juices."

If people just look back on this thread now they're going to say "Oh the response was too strong that's not what POTV is all about etc etc" but actually the first post was a direct TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO STOCK. Which absolutely, 100% warranted the response it got.

The members who commented on that shouldn't now be frowned upon because he's changed the original post.

I didn't miss the original post bud. ''What should I stock'' Does not necessarily mean stocking the whole shop, in my eyes it's a way of asking for any recommended stock, any additional stock. I see where you guys are coming from, but it's very easy to misinterpret on a forum. By all means I could be wrong, it could have meant stocking his whole shop, but that's something I'd find out first by asking, before ripping someone a new one.

No ones going to be frowned upon, that isn't what this forum does, it's just correcting possible wrongs and rights that's all. No way would anyone frown upon people here, this forum is a tight community. If it was something more sinister then yeah lol.

Think of it this way, you put up a first post, and someone 'maybe' misinterprets it, you wouldn't feel very welcome. Yes the OP could have put a more understandable post, but if I was to respond I would automatically ask for a more in-depth question so I understood. :)

One response wasn't constructive at all, it was practically a dig without knowing for sure that the original question wasn't misinterpreted or not, that's why I felt bad for the guy.

I didn't miss the original post bud. ''What should I stock'' Does not necessarily mean stocking the whole shop, in my eyes it's a way of asking for any recommended stock, any additional stock. I see where you guys are coming from, but it's very easy to misinterpret on a forum. By all means I could be wrong, it could have meant stocking his whole shop, but that's something I'd find out first by asking, before ripping someone a new one.

No ones going to be frowned upon, that isn't what this forum does, it's just correcting possible wrongs and rights that's all. No way would anyone frown upon people here, this forum is a tight community. If it was something more sinister then yeah lol.

Think of it this way, you put up a first post, and someone 'maybe' misinterprets it, you wouldn't feel very welcome. Yes the OP could have put a more understandable post, but if I was to respond I would automatically ask for a more in-depth question so I understood. :)

No of course you're right. It's just different ways of seeing things of course, I'd rather be up front and honest and say if you're asking here for that advice you haven't done enough market research where it matters (not online) and therefore need to do more.

May have been blunt but that's just my view on the issue, there's also the argument that Ross could have commented back and said "I've done my research and I wanted to enquire more about X & Y because I've heard Z."

I'm going to let it sit now, end up debating this for hours, I didn't mean to be rude I just wanted to put things as plainly as possible that I don't think this is the right approach for starting a business.

I am absolutely certain that you are all quite correct and that I was completely wrong :D

No, it isn't "part of something bigger". It is just a general feeling of disquiet about attitudes and posting language that disappoints me. But that is just how I feel and I am only one in a very big pond so have to go with the majority.

Anyway, I'm out of here for the rest of the day. My head obviously isn't in the right place for forum life today. :umm:

I am absolutely certain that you are all quite correct and that I was completely wrong :D

No, it isn't "part of something bigger". It is just a general feeling of disquiet about attitudes and posting language that disappoints me. But that is just how I feel and I am only one in a very big pond so have to go with the majority.

Anyway, I'm out of here for the rest of the day. My head obviously isn't in the right place for forum life today. :umm:

Haha, get off, my parents used that tactic to stop debates - told me they were obviously wrong and everyone else was right ;)

I think it's a case of crossed wires and late night posting @Rob and @hazard93 but all cleared now, we're just in a crazy circle! :D Enjoy Sunday guys, let's move conversation to other topics!

I'm seeing both sides of this debate. Having not seen the Original "What do I stock" post - then yes the responses seem very harsh. Knowing that there WAS an original "What do I stock" post goes someway to explaining the tone of further posts, but a disturbing trend is emerging. A number of posters who could best be described as "Fairly New" to POTV jumped on the OP with both feet and a big stick. That's NOT the spirit of this forum, A better course of action would have been to find out if it was just a badly worded post, Not everyone who comes on the Forum is used to the need to be quite precise in what they ask - they don't realise that text misses out the non-auditory cues such as inflection and facial expression.

I'm going to make Two versions of the OP below - just as a thought experiment. The question being asked in both will be identical, consider what your immediate response to each version would be...

Number 1.
What should I stock, from Mods to Juices...

Number 2.
Hi Folks, I'm planning to open a vape shop, I've got an Idea of the basics to stock, but are there any particular Mod's, Juices, or accessories you'd like to see available in your local vape shop?

How did you respond? - No there's no need to post your responses. Just consider that the purpose of this forum is to Help others - Just the way others helped you when you first joined...

Back
Top Bottom